Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-11-2015, 03:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks guys...got 32 meals out of it..including heart and liver...I waste no parts..LOL I had 9 pellets in the head...I was in a horrible position...I had to hold the 870 mag shotgun around ...point it...could not aim..yje butt was 2 feet in front my shoulder....said a quick prayer ...and POW!!! 15 yd shot.. I was rejoicing when I saw him drop.in his tracks....I called my son to drag him out...HEY..that''s what sons are for..I drug him the first 1/4 mile..I was dead..

Remington 00 buckshot 3 inch Mag...no more info to share..LOL

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-11-2015 at 03:35 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the buck Chuck! What choke are you using in your Remington? I shoot the same gun and shells and missed a giant buck this year in Richloam. I patterned my gun for the first time in a few years and now it's not holding much of a pattern anymore.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Dominant Buck

you got to hit them right...I had 9 pellets in the head...when I cleaned up the skull for a skull mount it broke in to. A pellet went through the skull into the brain..2 pellets barely went into the neck..I use the modified choke..Remington 3 inch..I understand the 2 3/4 are better...less pellets mean a faster speed. I won't use my 3 1/2 18 pellets mean a very slow speed. They are in the post rut.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Sooo today I hAd my crosshairs onna decent 6 point...pulled the trigger n CLICK...off goes the buck...dang primer on a brand new rem. bullet was bad...unreal
Old 01-13-2015, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

I had that happen this year too but with a federal fusion. Luckily it was on a deer I was just sighting it in.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

That is terrible...I had that happen a few times at the range...I was using a friends 06 ..Come to find out it was the firing pin spring....too weak. One reason I don't buy used guns...That is a heart breaker though...It's hard enough to get a shot at a deer at the Green Swamp let alone stuff like that happening..I searched this problem on the net...There has been many Remington mis fires..I shoot winchester with my 270 and 30-30 but shoot Remington with my buckshot and turkey loads..now I'm a little uneasy..I plan to switch to WInchester with every thing...That concerns me..There have been many reporting Remington mis fires...not taking any chances..

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-15-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Most of the time it's not the shells it a the firing pin, is dirty a good cleaning and it works good. It is always good to cleaning the firing pin. Was it a little dimple on the primer. If so I think I the firing pin and spring is dirty a good cleaning would work wonder ful. That happens a year a go to my dad and his 35 Whalen. Firing pin and spring where so junked up they were real sluggish a good cleaning and no problems.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Terrible is right...I thought that it may of beein the firin pin too...but after i got out of the stand i fired the next bullet in the clip and it fired...put the misfire one back in still CLICK...so definitely not the pin...i always use rem. core lokt first time its ever happened
Old 01-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...point-buck.jpg Last mornin of the season was able to drop this 7 point, came in on me from behind about 7:30 am this mornin trailin a doe, hit him with a single shot thru the heart n lungs about 50 yds. out...sure was thankful to get one been a rough season...
Old 01-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Spike

Congrats guys on cleaning up towards the end of the season! i was out there for the past 9 days on rockridge side, didnt see ant bucks but did see some hogs and does but came home empty handed... Theres always next season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.