Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-14-2014, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

I knew what was beyond the target and I saw my target. Maybe I described it wrong. I meant that basically it was not a clear crisp view. I could see the target but no I could not have counted each hair or point on its rack. Sorry for not explaining better Mr. policeman.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Well today I decided to try and hunt and hopefully stay dry. Before 715 I was soaked to the bone so I decided its time to go home and rest before work be says this wasn't fun being wet. So I'm in my truck and driving to the check station when I round a corner and see something. I grabbed my binocs and looked at it and it was a buck! It was standing broadside looking right at me. I eased out of my truck and racked a shell in my gun and propped up to take a shot. That's when it went bad. As I look through the scope it's nothing but fog, water drops, and blur. I found what looked like the buck in my crosshairs and took a chance. I found no blood and no deer but I can't be too mad because that was pure luck.
Thats usually how it happens...I had my scope fog up in the rain one day n missef because of it now I always keep my cover on durin rain...did it look to be good size?...I left this evnin after dark n nothin had been checked out 471 all day
Old 01-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

It looked like a small rack buck like a 4 or 6 pt maybe.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
I knew what was beyond the target and I saw my target. Maybe I described it wrong. I meant that basically it was not a clear crisp view. I could see the target but no I could not have counted each hair or point on its rack. Sorry for not explaining better Mr. policeman.
I am no policeman. I am, however, a responsible hunter who has been pursuing game for likely longer than you have been alive. From your description, your actions were dangerous and ill-conceived.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

well season is done...I came out of it this year buckless...can only hope for a rebound next year...with tbe low numbers guess i should condider myself lucky to have got a couple hogs
Old 01-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Spike

yea same here i didnt even see a buck, seen plenty of sign, a few does, and passed on few hogs
Old 01-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Spike

Anyone have the final numbers? I didnt make it out there the last weekend
Old 01-22-2014, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FL_Hunter_77
Anyone have the final numbers? I didnt make it out there the last weekend
i wanna say 471 side was somethin like 55 deer n 63 hogs...i seen a picture of one of the 8 points checked out on saturday...looked to have a good spread n tall tines...good lookin buck...from what i heard dang dogs chased that buck over the north fence from richloam right to the guy...talk about lucky
Old 01-22-2014, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by greenswampman
yea same here i didnt even see a buck, seen plenty of sign, a few does, and passed on few hogs
yea was another wierd year...few areas i hunt aint held no sign the past 2 seasons when 3 n 4 years ago there was all kinda sign...crazy how that happens in some areas...
Old 01-22-2014, 04:34 AM
Fork Horn

hey guys i know i already posted this but wanted to post again...be sure to fill out the Green Swamp hunters survey @ http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GSHunter to get next seasons dates moved up to better align with the peak rut time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.