Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-26-2017, 10:28 AM
  #1031  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pasco, Fl
Posts: 272
Default

Originally Posted by Sacred Groove
Hey guys, I figured I stop by and introduce myself. I don't hunt Green Swamp, but I do hunt Tide Swamp up in coastal NW Florida. The reason I joined is that this is one of the rare forums where everyone is helping try to achieve a common goal which is getting close to a Green swamp buck. I've probably gone through every post a couple of times in the last 2 years and I was really impressed by the genuine concern you guys have helping each other out. Very rare !! I've got a lot of experience under my belt, but am always looking to add to what I have. Been a public land hunter for a long time and personally think the feeling of accomplishment when it finally happens is incredible, second to none. I'm not much of a talker, but if you don't mind I'd like to tag along and listen to the conversations, cause based on what I've read, neither one of the places we hunt is easy !!!
Welcome aboard. I used to hunt up near dixie/levy county alot. Not much anymore since i got outta my lease up there
FlaBoy18 is offline  
Old 01-26-2017, 02:44 PM
  #1032  
Fork Horn
 
Tufrthnails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Knee Deep in FL Muck
Posts: 286
Default

Originally Posted by Sacred Groove
Hey guys, I figured I stop by and introduce myself. I don't hunt Green Swamp, but I do hunt Tide Swamp up in coastal NW Florida. The reason I joined is that this is one of the rare forums where everyone is helping try to achieve a common goal which is getting close to a Green swamp buck. I've probably gone through every post a couple of times in the last 2 years and I was really impressed by the genuine concern you guys have helping each other out. Very rare !! I've got a lot of experience under my belt, but am always looking to add to what I have. Been a public land hunter for a long time and personally think the feeling of accomplishment when it finally happens is incredible, second to none. I'm not much of a talker, but if you don't mind I'd like to tag along and listen to the conversations, cause based on what I've read, neither one of the places we hunt is easy !!!
Welcome. I have also killed a lot of hours in Tide Swamp. Been a few years since I been up there.
Tufrthnails is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 11:37 AM
  #1033  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pasco, Fl
Posts: 272
Default

Anyone hit the swamp for the last weekend
FlaBoy18 is offline  
Old 01-29-2017, 02:35 PM
  #1034  
Fork Horn
Thread Starter
 
I AM THE WOODS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: THE BOONEDOCKS
Posts: 454
Default

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
Anyone hit the swamp for the last weekend
Was out there yesterday aint see nada
I AM THE WOODS is offline  
Old 01-29-2017, 05:03 PM
  #1035  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pasco, Fl
Posts: 272
Default

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Was out there yesterday aint see nada
Ull make up for it in gsw. Any word on how the first gsw hunt went?
FlaBoy18 is offline  
Old 01-30-2017, 04:50 AM
  #1036  
Spike
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4
Default

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
Anyone hit the swamp for the last weekend
I was out there all day both days, didn't have any luck. Saturday a 5 point came out through the 471 gate, and yesterday a 7 point. That put the total for the season at 31. The only deer i saw all weekend were some does browsing on the side of the road as i drove out last night after dark. Pretty sure i heard them laugh at me as i went by. This was my first year hunting deer and my first year in the swamp. I was out there almost all day every weekend, most mornings before work, and after work when i could cut out in time. I hunted Croom for a few weeks, then went to Green Swamp when gun opened up there. It's been said a million times, but that is some tough hunting. Congrats to everyone that got one out there this year. Yall are the few and the proud! And thanks to I AM THE WOODS for starting this thread many moons ago. It is a wealth of information for us newbies.
SwampMoss is offline  
Old 01-30-2017, 06:13 AM
  #1037  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pasco, Fl
Posts: 272
Default

Originally Posted by SwampMoss
I was out there all day both days, didn't have any luck. Saturday a 5 point came out through the 471 gate, and yesterday a 7 point. That put the total for the season at 31. The only deer i saw all weekend were some does browsing on the side of the road as i drove out last night after dark. Pretty sure i heard them laugh at me as i went by. This was my first year hunting deer and my first year in the swamp. I was out there almost all day every weekend, most mornings before work, and after work when i could cut out in time. I hunted Croom for a few weeks, then went to Green Swamp when gun opened up there. It's been said a million times, but that is some tough hunting. Congrats to everyone that got one out there this year. Yall are the few and the proud! And thanks to I AM THE WOODS for starting this thread many moons ago. It is a wealth of information for us newbies.
Hang in there bud ull get ya one! Howd u do in croom?
FlaBoy18 is offline  
Old 01-30-2017, 08:11 AM
  #1038  
Spike
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 20
Default

Finally got my first buck in GSW. Here's the link:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sout...ml#post4292384
saltydog7seas is offline  
Old 01-30-2017, 09:10 AM
  #1039  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pasco, Fl
Posts: 272
Default

Originally Posted by saltydog7seas
Finally got my first buck in GSW. Here's the link:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sout...ml#post4292384
Cant open the pic salty...
FlaBoy18 is offline  
Old 01-30-2017, 09:19 AM
  #1040  
Spike
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 20
Default

Yeah, I'm not sure what the problem is. I uploaded them to photobucket and copied the image link. I need to figure it out, I'm pretty proud of that deer.
saltydog7seas is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.