Oklahoma help... >

Oklahoma help...

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Oklahoma help...

Old 08-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Spike

Default Oklahoma help...

im fairly new to oklahoma, and to hunting. starting to get into bow hunting. im looking for any help finding some public land to hunt on. nearest to oklahoma city would be great. but not scared to drive. have heard of lake thinderbird but nothing else. thanks.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to OK. There are numerous WMAs in OK.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/fa...s/wmastate.htm
Old 09-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

i hunt THUNDERBIRD all deer season lots of deer and land ,if i gun hunt i go up to Kaw lake in ponca city its a long drive.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Log in to ODW. There are numerous Corp Lakes in Ok. and there are corp maps available showing public hunting areas. As well as other public areas. A good number of areas are excellent for bow hunters. Other public are not so hot. ODW does not cater to hunters IMHO.Thousands of once productive public land are no longer productive due to to ODW lack of care. Areas that
once held vast numbers of quail and praire chicken have been lost to neglect.Open fields have become so overgrown that are impassible.
If you are an upland hunter, buy an Kansas annual hunt license. They have the same corp land and in addion have a program that leases farm land and opens it to hunting.