Virginia turkey opener >

Virginia turkey opener

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia turkey opener

Old 04-14-2012, 12:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default Virginia turkey opener

good luck to all going out this morning. saw em last night.......
hope to see em in an hour and a half......
also be safe and DEET up....
Old 04-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

No luck here this morning, didn't hear a gobble. Guy on the lease shot one this morning. I will be heading there next week.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

My day was pretty good. Even thou I didn't kill a bird. I called two down a ridge, thru the woods, across a field and got them over a creek! Was awesome to watch. Had them at about 60 to 70 yards. Waited for them to get closer........ They never did. They disappeared. Was a good time thou. Looking forward to next time.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have a question I have been hunting public land gobblers for about 6 years and I I'm still very much a beginner and I hunt alone self teaching. I try to obsorb as much info as I can about gobblers but I hunt on Quantico Marine Base and I called in a gobbler one time and moved and he ran but I have been hooked ever since then.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out I have a hard time finding the gobblers becuase this is a pressure hunting area they are people shy and don't gobble that much and basically have heard every call in the book so ho do you find these gobblers that don't gobble much in a highly pressured area I know there there becuase they have heard over 140 gobbles on base but I just can't put one on the ground.

My calling is not the best but it's not the worst it's good enuff to call one in I just can't seem to get on a bird and it's very fustrating becuase I feel like I'm doing everything they say to do Any help would be great or tips I get on a bird but it's very sparatic and hit or miss and I want to be better then that.