Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Sunday hunting bill sb 464 >

Sunday hunting bill sb 464

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday hunting bill sb 464

Old 02-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

My sister & BIL have a beautiful 125 acre farm in Brookfield, NY in Madison County (DEC area 7M). It's about 45 minutes south of Utica (i.e. Southeast of Syracuse).

It's awesome up there, and the deer, turkeys, and geese, are literally everywhere!

Anyway, SB464 had the best chance out of all the Sunday hunting bills throughout history, and had the approval of the Senate. But yet, Virginia still wants to stay stuck in the 1890's and not allow people to hunt their own land on Sunday.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA
My sister & BIL have a beautiful 125 acre farm in Brookfield, NY in Madison County (DEC area 7M). It's about 45 minutes south of Utica (i.e. Southeast of Syracuse).

It's awesome up there, and the deer, turkeys, and geese, are literally everywhere!

Anyway, SB464 had the best chance out of all the Sunday hunting bills throughout history, and had the approval of the Senate. But yet, Virginia still wants to stay stuck in the 1890's and not allow people to hunt their own land on Sunday.
I know the area, some times take route 8-12 up that way.
My land (50 acres) is about 1.5 hrs north of utica.
Deer/turkey/geese everywhere? Even with sunday hunting, imagine that.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I kind of figured this would happen so I was not too surprised. My feeling was it would do well on one side and fail in the other. The only positive thing is, the issue progressed further than it ever has before. Hunters need to find out how their representatives feel about this issue and remember it come voting time!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
Scottycoyote.....this is what I think......when you use dogs to hunt on saturday and you don't find them all after the hunt then Sunday is the day you go out to look for them......now if you were to use them on Sunday and don't find them all after the hunt is over what do you do.....????....take off Monday....????...let them run the woods all week and hope they don't get hit by a car on the road or just get lost and you never get them back....so to me it seems like the dog hunters that don't want Sunday hunting are saying if I can't hunt on Sunday because I can't / won't use my dogs then I don't want ANYBODY to hunt Sunday.....that's just my .02
well they must have nudie pics of some of these senators to keep them on a leash like this. Way to go virginia, throw away all the money to be made, and the chance to give hunters who dont have unlimited time to hunt another day to get it done, and you blow it.....sucks, im really pissed off about this.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Spike

I am a dog owner and hunter in VA. I am a Former member of the Virginia hunting dog alliance. This is what they told me when I asked why they did not support sunday hunting. I was told that it was going to be bad for the entire hunting sport because it would open the door for dog hunters to shoot themselves in the foot, and lead into the end of dog hunting and hunting in VA.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by VTHUNTER79
I am a dog owner and hunter in VA. I am a Former member of the Virginia hunting dog alliance. This is what they told me when I asked why they did not support sunday hunting. I was told that it was going to be bad for the entire hunting sport because it would open the door for dog hunters to shoot themselves in the foot, and lead into the end of dog hunting and hunting in VA.
have nothing against dog hunters,
but when they make such statements wish they would state how so.
i cant agree or disagree without knowing how sunday hunting will diminish dog hunting,
dog hunting still thrives in states with sunday hunting.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Spike

I agree with you Terasec. that is why I am a former member I fully support hunting on sunday. I tried to find the conversation that I had with them on Facebook but am having trouble finding it. once I find it I will post it on here for yall to read.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by VTHUNTER79
I seriously doubt you were a member of Vahda. Your information concerning the reasons why???? are incorrect... I also noticed you just joined the forum recently, maybe to make it look like your pulling ranks from Vahda. we're getting members joining daily. will miss you.

your join date was:
  • Last Activity: 02-16-2012 03:57 PM
  • Referrals: 0
Old 02-19-2012, 04:59 AM
Spike

Hokieman you can think what you want to about my post but the fact is I was the one that was involved in the conversation with a Member of the VHDA and that is what 2 different members told me. I know there are other reasons but that is one that they listed. Yes I did just join the board a few days ago but what does that matter. I had some info that I wanted to share about the sunday hunting bill. If you don't like what I have to say then don't read it.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hokieman
I seriously doubt you were a member of Vahda. Your information concerning the reasons why???? are incorrect... I also noticed you just joined the forum recently, maybe to make it look like your pulling ranks from Vahda. we're getting members joining daily. will miss you.

your join date was:
  • Last Activity: 02-16-2012 03:57 PM
  • Referrals: 0
Hokieman.....since VTHUNTER79 info concerning the reasons why are incorrect would you please explain to all of us why the VaHDA dosn't want Sunday Hunting......????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.