Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Senate to Vote on Sunday Hunting in VA..... >

Senate to Vote on Sunday Hunting in VA.....

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Senate to Vote on Sunday Hunting in VA.....

Old 01-28-2012, 04:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
It is private property only with permission from landowner, 250 yards from a place of worship and no dogs.

Everyone be advised this bill now goes to the House. I heard tonight on the local news that some members of the House committee want to water this bill down even more...such as: no hunting before 1PM, landowners & immediate family only(this would exclude people who lease land) or limitations on the type of weapons used.
Thanks VAhuntr, boy that's what you call really watering down! Are they just doing this because they know that if someone is in favor of Sunday hunting they will be happy with anything at all? It sounds like they are setting them selves up for the future. I guess hunters will be dealing with this issue for years to come just to get it to the point where it's fair for every hunter, and they already know our agenda because it will be all these exclusions they've made on this bill.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

ive heard it passed the senate, so now what? Does it have to get voted on one more time?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
ive heard it passed the senate, so now what? Does it have to get voted on one more time?
Yes, it passed the Senate. The bill would allow hunting on Sunday on private land only with the permission of the landowner, 250 yards from a place of worship, and no use of dogs.

The bill will now be moved to the House where some will try to water it down even more. Everyone should contact their Delegate and let them know how you feel.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

Average Joe is right on the mark. No reason hunters cannot hunt public land. I personally feel that hunters do less damage to the forests than horsemen and hikers, ever see the mess they leave behind at camps and trail damage? Darn near impossible to accidentally shoot one of them (as they fear) since all the noise they make with endless chatter and yelling. I hunt WV public land often on Sat. and they are always taking over camping areas. Don't begrudge them but don't want them dictating my use of the grounds either.

Jim