they're not suppose to be here! >

they're not suppose to be here!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

they're not suppose to be here!

Old 12-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default they're not suppose to be here!

I seen one in Hoffman N.C. a couple of years ago. This is in Moore County N.C.they're not suppose to be here!-bear-janets.jpg I know that this isn't a very good pic but it's all I have.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:52 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

What's it supposed to be?
Old 12-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

It's a bear.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Spike

I wouldnt say that they are not suppose to be there. Maybe a rare occurrence. Try putting some apples down or other sweet fruits and see if you can get better pictures. It seems pretty tall even on its quad stance. I'd love to see a better picture of it. Here is hoping you get more.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DinosaurDammit
I wouldnt say that they are not suppose to be there. Maybe a rare occurrence. Try putting some apples down or other sweet fruits and see if you can get better pictures. It seems pretty tall even on its quad stance. I'd love to see a better picture of it. Here is hoping you get more.
I'll do that. If there is no season for bear here, Could I hunt him legally?
Old 12-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by not the dogs
I'll do that. If there is no season for bear here, Could I hunt him legally?
I am not sure. You should contact your local wildlife center or game warden and ask. They might be protected in your state/county. My best suggestion is just keep an eye on him/her and see if its damaging anything. If its close to anywhere you live make sure you dont let any food stay out. My aunt lives in Blue Ridge up in a nice cabin on the mountain. She had a bear break in her house to get some chicken that was in the trash. They have a great sense of smell which can work for you. Like I said just leave some apples and ripe fruit around, he'll smell it and maybe you can get some better pictures. He looked like a good sized bear from the eyes to the ground. Black as the ace of spades so its hard to tell his girth but i'd say its not as wide as he is just a tall bear.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

Smile

Originally Posted by DinosaurDammit
I am not sure. You should contact your local wildlife center or game warden and ask. They might be protected in your state/county. My best suggestion is just keep an eye on him/her and see if its damaging anything. If its close to anywhere you live make sure you dont let any food stay out. My aunt lives in Blue Ridge up in a nice cabin on the mountain. She had a bear break in her house to get some chicken that was in the trash. They have a great sense of smell which can work for you. Like I said just leave some apples and ripe fruit around, he'll smell it and maybe you can get some better pictures. He looked like a good sized bear from the eyes to the ground. Black as the ace of spades so its hard to tell his girth but i'd say its not as wide as he is just a tall bear.
Thanks and I'll give the apples and fruit a try. I can't believe that one broke in a house. I will surely tell my girlfriend about that. This pick is only 50 yards from her house. If I get better pics I'll post them. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

A bear was struck and killed in southern wake or chatham county this year so it is not too difficult to believe.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

Bears have been seen in Chesterfield County SC not too far south of Hoffman.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

No you can't. It's a native species to your state. Which means theres an open season for them. Just cause one wanders into an area that doesn't have an open season does not mean you can kill it. It would be poaching.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.