Quantico Hunting >

Quantico Hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Quantico Hunting

Old 11-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Quantico Hunting

Any body had any good luck on Quantico this year ? it's been a tuff year this year but I did manage to see 3 nice bucks but decided to pass them and let the grow bigger. They have taken some big bucks this year but they no longer post the areas so kinda takes the fun out of seeing what areas they are taken in I just use to like to look for fun never would take a mans hunting spot not my hunting style.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

QuanticoKidd,
Are you still seeing rutting activity? Has it slowed down? Picked up? Never peaked? Here in NoVa, the rut seemed to have started them the warm weather came and it never really peaked. The bucks seemed to be just milling around or just following the does. I never saw any bucks running the does. Just interested in whats happening around town.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

I never saw any chasing either the rut was again a funny one this year I did manage to see some nice bucks but they where all alone crusing but never the intnsity that I thought would happen it kinda just came and went the hot weather killed the action only a few guys saw alittle chasing my father saw 3 nice bucks with a doe but they never chased her they just stayed right behind here and the biggest buck ended up taking her back up a hill and breeding here but like I said it was never the chasing and super crusing that I thought would happen very disapointing.

They have killed some nice bucks on Quantico but as far as I know most of the where alone just walking through woods.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Spike

Default New to this site...

Hey I just started hunting on Quantico. Only been there twice. (Mostly learning the Area.) Both evenings I was signing out I have seen 3 Big bucks at least 8 pointers, One of them was a non-typical 17 point with a little 100lbs body. Those deer were obviously shot and getting game checked.... Im custom to big bodied (Maine) deer, but they tend to have smaller racks. Although I do have a 3rd place record from 1999, have been bumped down to 5th place since then.

Anyway off the subject...

I have noticed alot of Big deer coming out of the Training area 11's
Old 12-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Spike

I never did see the intense rut this year at Quantico. I think the hot weather along with the full moon made a lot of the peak rut nocturnal. Or I was just not in the right place at the right time. Probably a combination of both.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

PYRO, 11B is off limits to regular hunters you have to be very important to be able to hunt that area now 11A is open a few times a year but as far as I know no big bucks have come from there a big buck was shot in 12A on Thanksgiving Day and some of the other bucks have been shot on Mainside PA's