Florida Gun Laws? >

Florida Gun Laws?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida Gun Laws?

Old 11-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Spike

Default Florida Gun Laws?

I'm 17 years old and want to begin hunting. My mom agreed to buy a rifle with me. Once she buys the rifle, and I want to take it hunting before I turn 18, what are the requirements for me to be able to use it? I know about the safety class and hunting permit, but the actual laws? Do I just need to be with an 18 year old?
Old 11-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Correct - you need a parent or guardian with you to possess a long gun until you reach the age of 18.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Spike

So by parent or guardian it can't be an 18 year old that comes along to hunt with me? It has to be a legal guardian of 21 years old?
Old 11-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Smile

Originally Posted by BlueAngel319
So by parent or guardian it can't be an 18 year old that comes along to hunt with me? It has to be a legal guardian of 21 years old?
Do you have a rules and regulation guide? If not you should get one and read all of it. Here in N.C. a lot can vary from county to county. If you are still unsure about something there is numbers that you can call in the guide for answers.
Hope this helps and have a great season and be safe. Oh , and also make sure that you can use the rifle that you plan to get for hunting the area that you plan on hunting. That varies in N.C. a lot too.

Last edited by not the dogs; 11-28-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

I looked it up because I don't want to give any bad advise, and I'm SURE no lawyer. Looks like you might be legal at 16...

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/filest...on_0790.22.HTM
Old 11-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

I would suggest bein with an experienced hunter to start off regardless of the law. Hunters education is the basics, still a lot to learn from that point on.