Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
New hunter in Charlotte >

New hunter in Charlotte

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

New hunter in Charlotte

Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by louie6014
Yea, well if you get the hunters edu done, and get a licence you might be able to get in a white tail hunt this year. Only reason I asked about the archery is in NC you can hunt on sundays with archery, so if your weekend hunting you doubled your time in the woods right there. I hunt a few spots with permission that wouldnt be available to a gun hunter, most people that let you use their land dont want to hear guns blasting off early in the morning. Also archery season opens early sept 11, gun dosent start till nov 10. I think. As for cutting up your own deer, I field dress mine, and take them to a processor.. I use Nichols store in rockhill, about $60 to have the whole thing done up, packaged, cut/ ground meats, etc...
Thank you very much! I'm going to sign up for the edu class and (assuming the wife allows it) I am going to look at some bows. Didn't know you could bowhunt on Sundays, that will help a lot!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Yea good luck, Lemme know before you decide anything on the archery side I can steer you in the right direction. Theres a good shop here in charlotte too called "barefoot archery" they can set you up right. Also cross bows are open in NC now for anyone, used to be handycapped only. But they may or maynot carry a pistol permit requirement...
Old 11-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by louie6014
Yea good luck, Lemme know before you decide anything on the archery side I can steer you in the right direction. Theres a good shop here in charlotte too called "barefoot archery" they can set you up right. Also cross bows are open in NC now for anyone, used to be handycapped only. But they may or maynot carry a pistol permit requirement...
I have my CCW, so no worries on that. I would prefer a compound bow over a cross bow. I've heard of Barefoot Archery before. Do they have an archery range where I could practice?
Old 11-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Yea they got a 20yrd indoor
Old 11-20-2011, 04:09 AM
Fork Horn

You get things sorted out on the hunters safety course?