Quantico 10-28 >

Quantico 10-28

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Quantico 10-28

Old 10-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Quantico 10-28

I can’t really explain how I feel right now. I made what looked to be a great 15yds shoot on a BIG buck. When I found my arrow my heart sunk I must have hit the shoulder only 3 inches made it in. I spent the rest of the day making sure he did not go down somewhere. In 4-500yds I found about 5 drops of blood and then lost it. I tried to zig zag the area to pick up the trail again but could not find any blood and now I am jumping deer.
I had a lot of time riding home to think it all over and still can’t believe what happen.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel your pain brother. I have been there and done that. Sounds like you did all you could to recover the deer as well.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I know how you feel I missed a big buck on Quantico in 2009 with almost the same shot and everything this is defiantly the lowest of lows in the deer hunting woods but hey cheer up it happens to everyone you will get him again. I do have a Question was he chasing does or look like he was rutting at all ? or did you just setup on his bedding area ? I have been seeing nothing but small bucks
Old 10-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

I will be hunting Quantico for the next 2 weeks I have off what area did you shoot him in I will let you know if I find a dead deer anywhere I'm a respectful hunter and I would do the same if someone had hit a deer