mississippi public land? >

mississippi public land?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

mississippi public land?

Old 09-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default mississippi public land?

Ive been goin to college in Jackson Ms for 3 yrs now and im about to try and start hunting out here a lil bit. there are a few WMA's around me and im trying to figure out how to go about doing it? Do i just buy my regular liscence and then im set or is there another permit i need to get for public lands? is there a certain time period i have to buy this in? anybody ever done any of this before?
Old 09-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Fork Horn

I've never hunted in that state but rational thinking leads me to a google search and a website called mississippi wildlife fisheries and parks.

Knowing your local laws rules and regulations is necesary for a well planned hunt. I can't understand how so many people can find a hunting forum and ask questions but they have never visited their state wildlife agency's site.

http://home.mdwfp.com/WMA/Default.aspx has all the info you will ever need. quit being lazy and do a little work for yourself. The only way for a succesful hunt on publc land anywhere is to do you homework and have a good game plan.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

are you freakin kidding me? Logical thinking would tell me that your a prick. I did go there before posting..... five or six times! i was not rele understanding what they were saying about tag draws and what not because i have been told by some that there was no need for that and i could buy public land license whenever, but that site has dates on it for something about public land.
Im simply getting a lot of mixed information and was looking for some clarification... sure am glad you responded you were a great help...
Old 09-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

let me refrace my initial question... i wouldnt want people to assume i dont know how to use freakin Google. I HAVE been google searching how to go about hunting public land in mississippi, i have also been asking people who have been hunting in Miss for a while. The MDWFP website says something about haveing to buy your WMA permits before a certain date, but everyone i have talked to has not said anyting about this and said to by ur permit whenever you buy your hunting license which you can get whenver. SO i am getting mixed signals. Ive never had to deal with buying special permits in advance becauser in my home state of alabama you can buy everything whenever you want to before you go hunting. Im confused about what to do so could somebody who has done it before or is from Miss. help me out?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

I would trust what that website has to say more than any *******'s hersay you've heard. Alot of people go around blowing smoke like they know everything about rules and regs in aan area when really they have no idea.

The mississippi state website has every bit of info you'll need you just have to be smart enough to find it.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

whatever man,,, obviously im just not as smart as a guy like you. I would have never thought to read the damn website like you did... honestly, how did you ever think to Google that? No thanks to you, i found my answer. Some WMA's require draws and some do not. Thanks to the man at the archery shop
Old 10-06-2011, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt WMAs in mississippi. You have to purchase a WMA permit to hunt them. Its about $15 and you get it where you purchase your regular license. Some WMAs do have draw hunts but usually they are in addition to a regular season. It is very important you read the rules and regulations for each WMA you plan to hunt. They are very strict and each are different. Each Wma has a link on MDWFP.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Each WMAs seasons are structured different also.