Irene stand damage >

Irene stand damage

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Irene stand damage

Old 09-02-2011, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Irene stand damage

I went out to the farm Tuesday to see what damage Irene did to our stand sites. My favorite stand was ok but there was a huge white oak hung up on another tree right in front of the stand. There were trees down everywhere. Did alot of chain sawing to get it huntable again. Another stand was ripped off the tree by a falling oak tree. Most of the trees that went down were oaks and they were everywhere. On a good note though is that they were loaded with acorns. White oaks are looking good for NC this year. Check your stands and don't assume they did'nt get damaged. And remember to volunteer and help your neighbors who suffered storm damage at home. Lets get through this together.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Spike

Man that's horrible... sorry to hear that. We've been assisting out on the NC coast a good bit, it's amazing the amount of damage that doesn't get covered or exposed to the world...