Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Check this out Virginia Hunters! >

Check this out Virginia Hunters!

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Check this out Virginia Hunters!

Old 06-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Check this out Virginia Hunters!

Found this on the VDGIF website today while looking at a few other things. Hopefully a positive step!

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/about/b...press-release/
Old 06-19-2011, 04:56 AM
Spike

That's great if it ever goes through and one day we're out hunting on Sunday's! I just hope it doesn't continue to be an issue that gets talked about allot by important people, but never comes to fruition! Same way the Government talks about doing something about the health care system.

I think I also saw a new regulation allowing the use of tracking dogs to find dead or wounded Bear and deer during archery season. Dogs must be on a leash and no weapons on your person. I hope this regulation if and when used gets used as it was intended and not used to hunt illegally. Not trying to start anything, but I just realize there's a better chance now that I will see more Beagles running past my treestand in early archery season!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Average Joe
That's great if it ever goes through and one day we're out hunting on Sunday's! I just hope it doesn't continue to be an issue that gets talked about allot by important people, but never comes to fruition! Same way the Government talks about doing something about the health care system.

I think I also saw a new regulation allowing the use of tracking dogs to find dead or wounded Bear and deer during archery season. Dogs must be on a leash and no weapons on your person. I hope this regulation if and when used gets used as it was intended and not used to hunt illegally. Not trying to start anything, but I just realize there's a better chance now that I will see more Beagles running past my treestand in early archery season!

I think this is a great first step for us hunters who want to see sunday hunting. I spoke with a Virginia State Senator last fall and asked his opinion on what needed to be done to pass Sunday hunting. His opinion was the VDGIF needed to voice support of Sunday hunting. It looks as if it is in writing now!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

Hopefully it works out. It's gotta happen sooner or later.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
I think this is a great first step for us hunters who want to see sunday hunting. I spoke with a Virginia State Senator last fall and asked his opinion on what needed to be done to pass Sunday hunting. His opinion was the VDGIF needed to voice support of Sunday hunting. It looks as if it is in writing now!
Well, thanks to guys like you, us wishers and dreamers see a light at the end of the tunnel Thanks for that!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Average Joe
Well, thanks to guys like you, us wishers and dreamers see a light at the end of the tunnel Thanks for that!
I am just a very small piece of the big puzzle. There are some other members on this board who have done a lot more work on this than myself.

I urge you and anyone else to contact their state representatives and find out their position on this issue. We need need to be heard on this issue.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VA5326
Hopefully it works out. It's gotta happen sooner or later.

You would think so.