Senate Bill 850 Defeated >

Senate Bill 850 Defeated

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Senate Bill 850 Defeated

Old 02-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by blackoak
I have no dog in this fight, I'm from IN and we can hunt on Sundays. I have found that when I'm hunting I feel closer to God than any other time whether it's on a Sunday or a Monday
Good point. I feel at rest when I'm hunting.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Spike

The rate of decline in Virginia hunting licenses is alarming. From the Richmond Times Dispatch January 24 2011: "For 25 years, interest in hunting has been declining in Virginia. The number of hunting licenses issued annually is half what it was in 1974. Hunting licenses are down 1 percent to 2 percent every year, according to the state Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. The number of licenses decreased from 253,425 in 2009 to 245,185 in 2010, or 3.3 percent." Link: http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2...of--ar-793690/

At this rate during my lifetime there will not be enough hunters to support hunting as we know it today. One way to stop the loss is to give more opportunities to hunt, including Sunday hunting.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

There's a facebook page on supporting Va Sunday hunting. If you're into fb, here's the link...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=291807261572
Old 02-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by UFunny2
There's a facebook page on supporting Va Sunday hunting. If you're into fb, here's the link...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=291807261572
Nice! Hopefully this page will spread like wildfire.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like the hunters in Virginia need to all get together on this problem. As hunting declines the sales of hunting clothing, dog food, gas, and all kinds of related goods and services. Do ya'll have support of QDMA, NWTF, Quail Unlimited, NRA and the other national groups?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
Sounds like the hunters in Virginia need to all get together on this problem. As hunting declines the sales of hunting clothing, dog food, gas, and all kinds of related goods and services. Do ya'll have support of QDMA, NWTF, Quail Unlimited, NRA and the other national groups?
The only national group I'm aware of is the NRA.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

Time to remove the exemptions that currently exist that allow some to hunt on Sunday. Yes that is right there are those who legally can hunt on Sundays but they do not tell you about that. You know those who can "hunt" raccons and bears till 2:00 am(dog owners and hunters) on Sunday mornings. (They try to say they are not hunting but according to the regulations they are) or the private preserves that are allowed to hunt on Sunday due to a loophole. Or those bird watchers who are allowed to pursue the birds (a violation of the hunting laws) along with the photographers (again they are "pursuing thir subjects"). time to hurt those against this legislation where it hurts them the most and that is in their exemptions. The hypocrites who voted NAY should be removing all the exemptions and every hunter who supports this legislation should write them and let them know that is what needs to be done.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by VA5326
Nice! Hopefully this page will spread like wildfire.
Be carefull because they have banned people who do not agree with their way of aapproaching the problem. If you digress from their agenda they will cut you off. post there at your own risk.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Be carefull because they have banned people who do not agree with their way of aapproaching the problem. If you digress from their agenda they will cut you off. post there at your own risk.
Geez...come on, it's a Facebook group. What are they going to "cut you off" from? Join it and read some of the entries!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

I did and I can no longer access the page along with several others. Sorry but they do not like controversy on that page. The banning has been verified by someone who knows the page moderator. Sorry but some people do not like additional ideas. But your right it is a "facebook" no different from any other forum. You can be blacklisted like it or not. Your choice of whether to participate or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.