My Three Lakes Deer >

My Three Lakes Deer

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

My Three Lakes Deer

Old 12-18-2010, 03:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default My Three Lakes Deer

I had posted this previously using Tiny Pics...but for some reason Tiny Pics deleted all my pictures..so I'm reposting it..I waited 12 hours in a stand for this young fellow. I beleive the Lord Jesus sent this deer to me..Sorry for the crazy stare...
at 5:15 PMthe deer was shot..dead upon impact..I'm fat and weak..so I was exhausted after dragging the deer out ..I drove 90 miles to get him home..arrived at 8:00 PM ..was done processing at 1:00 AM..exciting ...One of my best 5 days of my life but extremely exhausted.LOL

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-07-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Great job Chuck ! Your perseverance paid off.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Thank you sir..if not for reading my New Testament I would have gotten out of my stand at the usuall time..9:30 AM shame on me..but it is so boring up there..

Matthew has 28 chapters.and I have been to Israel so when reading the Word I cn actually visualize those places..I made myself read 3 or 4 chapters per hour..after every 4 chapters i knew one hour had passed..also after 1 hour I gave one long bleat with the Can. After 18 chapters my faith began to serously increase.Romans 10:17 { Now faith cometh by hearing..and by hearing the Word of God} I felt led of the Lord to give thanks in advacne for my deer today..I've done this before but thought this may be the day..The Lord in the past has put me on many awesome FL deer..but all have busted me..Todays prayer..please bring me a deer and help me shoot it LOL being serious here.

At 5:00 PM I finished the last chapter and scanned the edge of a bay head..and I caught a glimpse of white...2 antlers and 2 eyes staring at me at aobut 80 yds away..My inner man yelled FREEZE!!!!! I clicked off the safety..eased my 270 to my shoulder which was to my extreme right so the butt did not touch and my scope..a very small dot..could not find deer.I still froze..the deer disappeared..my heart sank a little but my inner man..told me to stay frozen DO NOT MOVE!!

15 minutes later..I noticed brown moving right in front of me..IT WAS THE BUCK..he was 50 yds { I walked it off after the kill} in front of me..His head was down and hidden behind a small schub feeding yet showing the rest of the deer..My inner voice is SCREAMING THANK YOU JESUS!! I put the scope on the deer...new problem..I'm shaking like a leaf..cross hairs are every where..I try to relax...behind shoulder...POW!! the deer vanished..either he escaped or died instantly... I made a few phone calls because I'm extremely pumped..climbed down the tree..reloaded and walke dto where he last was..I see a nice antler sticking straight up..I'm immedieately on cloud 77 shaking and crying in joy..called my wife..struggling to drag him out..forgetting how weak I've become LOL

Last edited by Chuck7; 12-18-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Great story and great buck!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

I did 12 hours in my treestand one day last year - I got woozy, dehydrated & exhausted. Longest I lasted this year was 6 hours. You're one tough hombre to stay up there all day & then drag one home. Good for you - you deserve it. That hard earned venison will make many great meals. So you were hunting the edge of a cypress head? I thought I remembered reading that in some of your older posts. Were you in a pine tree or a palm tree? I was at Chaz yesterday & I still hunted through a tall cypress head, but I saw nothing. Maybe I should find a good climbing tree on the outskirts & wait it out like you did. Thanks for posting your story - it's inspirational - I'll be thinking about it on my next hunt...
Old 12-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

"I did 12 hours in my treestand one day last year - I got woozy, dehydrated & exhausted. Longest I lasted this year was 6 hours. You're one tough hombre to stay up there all day & then drag one home. Good for you - you deserve it. That hard earned venison will make many great meals. So you were hunting the edge of a cypress head? I thought I remembered reading that in some of your older posts. Were you in a pine tree or a palm tree? I was at Chaz yesterday & I still hunted through a tall cypress head, but I saw nothing. Maybe I should find a good climbing tree on the outskirts & wait it out like you did. Thanks for posting your story - it's inspirational - I'll be thinking about it on my next hunt... "

You are correct..I had always hunted the inside of bay heads..and in archery I still do..Problems with inside bayheads..at least with my experiences..

A. By the time you see them ..they see you..archery you have no other choice...I've seen many deer in bayheads but have gotten busted 100% of the time..had to have a new plan.However ..during archery..back in the bayheads..you have to get close.

B. ACtually I had called another deer in at 9 :00 AM. I think it was a buck..it was 20 yds away from me..I was finishing up chapter 8 I beleive..cold...sleepy and careless...I was going to put the WOrd up for now as I could not keep my eyes open..I had given a bleat call about 8 :15 AM..I unsnapped my upper left jacket pocket to put my New Testament away..and the snap startled a deer { Probably a buck as it was big bodied} stadning in the field to my left 20 yds away..Quickly I snapped off the safety..and could not find that deer in the scope as I watched it bound 200 yds across an open field...I had nver been to this spot ever before I found it using Google Earth...NOW the week before I watch ed a 120 inch plus buck walk just out of shotgun range about 300 yds away.same general area.. this time I brought my 270..ok back to stoy..this place I was set up was looking at an inside 45 degree angle of a large bayhead...I was only 10 yds from the game traill because it was the only tree I could find big enough in the dark for my climber..Afer I spooked the buck I found a much better pine 100 yds away to finish the hunt and see literaaly a few hundres yds 360 degrees...

Lesson learned..get far away from the deer trail..in a bay head inside lookng out..those deer can see you long before you can see them..Three Lakes is not like the Green Swamp...more funnels to hunt ALOT less water..but lots of diamond backs

C. If your not going to stay all day..you greatly reduce your odds in scoring..I read the Word..that way it's not a wasted day..I brought one water...4 tangerines off my tree..that was it..and I had more water in the truck with more fruit.
I actually learned this lesson from an old hippy this year who had shot number 7...his secret..stay all day.

Last edited by Chuck7; 12-18-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job Chuck. Persistence does indeed pay off.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Bugs and Bows..
Old 12-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Chuck, I am so happy for you !!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Huntnma,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.