Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Florida deer hunting >

Florida deer hunting

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida deer hunting

Old 10-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Spike

Default Florida deer hunting

Hi I am new to the hunting forum and hunting experience and would like to know some good guided or non-guided outfitter/hunting spots.
I would like a place where I can be guarantied a decent buck and I am on a budget so the cheaper the better
thanks
Old 10-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Dominant Buck

"I would like a place where I can be guarantied a decent buck and I am on a budget so the cheaper the better
thanks" BOwhunter

{ -; I wished it was that easy..but it's not..that 's why it's called hunting.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Chuck7
"I would like a place where I can be guarantied a decent buck and I am on a budget so the cheaper the better
thanks" BOwhunter

{ -; I wished it was that easy..but it's not..that 's why it's called hunting.

Yes i know that a better term would be having a good chance of get a decent deer
Old 10-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Your terms were fine..the truth is Central Florida is tough to hunt..I only show family members my best spots..I've worked for years to find those spots and they are only average spots..I'm still looking for that one honey hole.

Good luck though sir..scout hard. I have invested in a game camera which should help.Now, if you were in northern Florida..there are quite a few inexpensive 800- 1200.00 leases. but in Central Florida..they are rare and cost alot more..you;ll have to show up at a local WMA and scout a whole lot.
God bless,
C7
Old 10-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Hunting FL is far from a 100% success rate. I've gone several years without taking a deer and I hunt very hard as much as I can.

The only 100% success place I can think of is those *******s at Ross Hammock high fence ranch. You'll pay a hefty price too shoot whatever your heart desires in a fenced in area lol.

Or just hunt hard like the rest of us and see what happens...
Old 10-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

U have a good chance to kill a buck in any management area. On one condition, if you do your homework months in advance. Check out citrus wma. Citrus always produces some good bucks every year.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Spike

Anyone ever hunt green swamp area? Also are trail cameras 1. allowed in these areas 2. are they going to be all that helpful in these areas?
What else would I want to look for?
Old 10-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bowhunter117
Anyone ever hunt green swamp area? Also are trail cameras 1. allowed in these areas 2. are they going to be all that helpful in these areas?
Is almost the only place I hunt. I'm usually there from the opening of archery until the end of spring turkey season. I know that there are others in the forum that hunt there a lot. I don't think there is any issues or restrictions regarding trail cameras. Some people may be concerned with leaving them there and have them stolen. Personally I've been lucky and never had any issues with my equipment, but you never know. Currently I have a ladder stand, a hanging stand, my climber, a ground blind and game cameras set there and no issues so far.

There is a tread here on Green Swamp and everything you need to know has been discussed. http://huntingnet.com/forum/south/30...mp-thread.html

Good luck

Last edited by LoloBond; 10-07-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bowhunter117
Green swamp is a good WMA to go to. Its a still hunt area and the roads are maintained so makes driving on them nice. Yes, you can leave trail cams out there but know that its open to the Public so keep in mind that if someone finds it. They may leave it alone or steal it.
They are nice people and are somewhat helpful. any direct questions you have, I may be able to answer.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Spike

How do I go about getting a permit/tag to hunt there for next year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.