Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Georgia Rut

Old 10-19-2010, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rosco1099
Supaflav, I also hunt in Harris County...let me know how things are looking for you this year. How has your scouting been? Do you plant any plots?
We hunt a grown over clear cut with a few bottoms and creeks running thru the property, so our scouting is a little different than most. In a nutshell, we hunt where the deer live, not where they feed. But the white oaks didn't produce hardly any nuts this year, but we're still getting bucks on the cams. I think that there will be alot of deer taken this year and alot of good ones taken as well. It's a poor acorn crop and so the deer will have to walk more to find food. This should work out wll for us hunters.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Ok folks, try to follow me here and tell me what ya think......it's been hot as heck in south central Georgia and i've heard several people saying that the rut isn't going to kick in until early December, due to the warm weather...I did see a nice 8 pointer last week cruising past me with his nose to the ground but I also saw another deer Thanksgiving morning and he didn't appear to be rutting yet.....anyone have an idea whats going on?????