Quantico 2009-2010 Season

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Quantico 2009-2010 Season

Old 03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Quantico 2009-2010 Season

Hey,

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone did on quantico this year. I had a great year only killed 1 big buck but saw three in a span of one week the biggest being a 140+ inch wide 8 pointer 20-23 inches wide I killed a 11 pointer in 10A with 16 inch spread 4 1/2 year's old there was a huge buck killed in 6B was wondering if anyone got any info about that deer and how it wasa killed or a story would be great that deer had to score 170+
Old 03-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quantico, do you know how big a 140 inch, 8 pointer is........? It is massive. In all my years on Quantico I have never seen a 140 inch 8 pointer. This is the 8 pointer I killed this year in Prince William County. It scored 115. Do you really think that the 8 pointer you saw on Q really went 140 after looking at my buck? As for me, I arrowed two does on Quantico this year and passed about 15, 1.5 and 2.5 year old bucks. I also had one beauty of a buck come by at 40 yards on November 5th. That is too far for me to shoot so I didn't release an arrow. All in all it was a fun year on Quantico and I look forward to the hunts next year.

Last edited by virginiashadow; 03-10-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

I shed hunt Quantico every year and I can say with 100% certainty there are many bucks 140 & larger,You just have to know where to look.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by oldshedhunter35
I shed hunt Quantico every year and I can say with 100% certainty there are many bucks 140 & larger,You just have to know where to look.
140 inch, 8 pointers? So you are finding 60 inch, 4 point shed antlers? I might believe it on a 10-12 point, but on an 8 point on Quantico I find it hard to believe. Second question. Are you killing those 140 inch, 8 pointers on Quantico?

Here is an example of a 140 inch 8 point.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Like I said virginia shadow you just have to know where to look.Evidently you dont.If I really cared what you thought I'd post some photos but I dont care.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like I said virginia shadow you just have to know where to look.Evidently you dont.If I really cared what you thought I'd post some photos but I dont care.
Evidently I don't know where to look and I am not afraid to say that in public. I have a lot to learn about hunting for big bucks. Have fun being a grouch oldshedhunter. I have befriended many guys on here and have helped out many on Quantico. If you feel like you need to speak to me like that, then go right ahead, it doesn't bother me.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

V S I'm not sure how to respond to your 2 posts.In the 1st post in my mind your calling me a lier .You make it sound as if your the only 1 who can score a buck which I noticed you dont hesitate to show a picture of the only 140 buck ever killed on quantico.
In the 2nd post you call me an old grouch.When you suggest that I dont know what I'm talking about when I've been shed hunting for 35 yrs.I take that just a little bit personal.My 1st trip to hunt Quantico was in 68 how long have you been hunting there?
If you did'nt come off as an arrogant know it all some of us Old Grouches might share some of our knowledge with you.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

I'm 100% positive there are 140+ deer on quantico within the last 3-4 year's I have seen atleast 1-2 come off every year that score 140+ my family friend killed one last year with 24 1/2 inch spread 7 pointer that scored 135 at the Virginia Big Buck and he was told by Tim the Biologist on Quantico that 24-26 inch spread is the widest that have come off of Quantico. You just have to scout and go were other guys simply don't to many guys on Quantico go 100 yards in or sit off feilds you will never kill big bucks every year doing those tactics you have to hunt far and hunt thick to continuiously harvest big bucks in Quantico and scout alot especially since 2005 season deer have become scarce on Quantico before 2005 season it was nothing to see deer every where and now you don't although they have indicated the big bucks are showing more body weight and age the doe harvest and crazy low. I no what a 140+ deer looks like and I easily saw 140+ and 125 on Mainside in one week of hunting the deer I ended up taking scored 127 aged 4 1/2 but I have seen some truely monster that guys have killed on quantico does anyone have info about the big buck taken out of 6B this year I would love to know a little about it becuase that was 160+ plus deer easily
Old 03-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

OH I forgot to write also I now three guy that hunt quantico religiously and kill 130+ almost every year
Old 03-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

V S I'm not sure how to respond to your 2 posts.In the 1st post in my mind your calling me a lier .You make it sound as if your the only 1 who can score a buck which I noticed you dont hesitate to show a picture of the only 140 buck ever killed on quantico.
In the 2nd post you call me an old grouch.When you suggest that I dont know what I'm talking about when I've been shed hunting for 35 yrs.I take that just a little bit personal.My 1st trip to hunt Quantico was in 68 how long have you been hunting there?
If you did'nt come off as an arrogant know it all some of us Old Grouches might share some of our knowledge with you.
FIRST off, I apologize if I came across as arrogant. That is NOT me. It never has been and never will be. I just hear a lot of BS from people hunting Quantico. I seek out those who offer the truth, not bs. I am a humble hunter and always have been. I have been hunting Quantico since 2000. I really did not gain an interest in hunting older bucks until 2005. After 2005 I realized how much I needed to learn and that season humbled me like none other. The subsequent seasons humbled me even more, but they helped me become a much more persistent/detail oriented hunter. I have a ton to learn and never fail to mention that to anyone, unlike a lot of other bs artists I see talking about this big buck or that big buck.

Again, I apologize if I came across as arrogant, and I can promise you that anyone that has met me or I have helped on Quantico can attest to the fact that I am not like that at all. Take care and best of luck to you and your pursuits. If you come into town to shed hunt, I sure would like to buy you a cup of coffee and talk buck hunting with you.

Brett

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.