Virginia Knife Laws >

Virginia Knife Laws

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Knife Laws

Old 01-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Spike

Default Virginia Knife Laws

Hey all,

First-time hunter and new to the forum. Does anyone know the knife laws in VA? I have a 4.0" fixed blade Winchester Ltd Edition knife that fits in a sheath on my belt and I'd like to take it with me hunting - but I'm just not sure what the TRANSPORTING and CARRY laws are for a knife (esp this size blade).

I checked the Virginia statutes on weapons but it wasn't clear to me about the regulations on knives.

Thanks!

PS. So far I love hunting!

Last edited by doodman; 01-10-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: measurement
Old 01-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Carrying a 4" fixed blade hunting knife in a sheath shouldn't be an issue, at least I've never heard of anyone having a problem. However, it's always wise to exercise a little common sense... like not wearing it into a bank or shopping mall.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Spike

I always thought that as long as the knife ise'nt concealed you could carry a bowie knife in public if you chose too.If you look at most guys pockets these days you will see the clip of a knife hanging out, they are half concealed and the blade is usually longer than 3 inches.