Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban >

Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban

Old 02-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Virginia Mike.....Remind them that "Hunters don`t just hunt....We also vote"....Thanks for all your doing...Good Luck.....
Old 02-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

The bill every one was counting on is now sitting in the senate Agriculture committee. This is where it will sit until it is dead again. Unless there is some pressure from someone higher up for passage this bill is dead and so is the last chance for this year.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yall ever tried to use the death rate of hunters on saturday as an example. I would imagine alot more people have hunting "accidents" since most the guys would be out sat because its the weekend. And most people cant just break away in the middle of the week cause of work.not sayin that none do.so there-fore adding the day might spread everyone out a lil more...i would imagine that when the ban is lifted that everyone will go sunday the 1st weekend if not both days.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

The bill is dead as all bills to remove the ban. Died in the Senat agriculture committee by the same people who kill it each year. Until the members are changed it will not be removed without a court case. Even the Governor supported removal of the ban on private property. Oh well try again next year.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Angry

Originally Posted by vapahunter
The bill every one was counting on is now sitting in the senate Agriculture committee. This is where it will sit until it is dead again. Unless there is some pressure from someone higher up for passage this bill is dead and so is the last chance for this year.
Why the hell is this bill in this committee??? What does hunting have to do with them???

I am getting really pissed off at the BS that this bill is having to go through.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

If one of the reasons is relig. then why couldnt it be discrimination based on religon? Dont get me wrong i am a christan but agree I would rather have my kids hunting in sunday then off getting into trouble. Just a thought but to me that would be discrimination based on your religous prefrence.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

SB 488 made it out of committee and is in final reading. This pretty much leaves the issue up to the counties to decide on a case by case basis. It is a start.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:28 AM
Spike

I just typed in SB 488 on the Virginia Legislative Information System, and it cam back as something about witnesses in a criminal trial.