Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

What a day!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What a day!!!

I took a day off this week to celebrate my B-day and took my two 7 month old pups out to gun break & shoot a few bunnies in front of them. The 2 pups have been running since they were 4 months old and have chewed on enough rabbit heads we've brought back after hunting to really know what a rabbit is!

I ran solo and since a buddy snagged my trusty Rem. 870 youth model 20 ga. so I took my grandmothers single shot break action 20 ga. out and had forgotten how much fun that old gun is to shoot. We jumped 3 rabbits, ran for almost 4 hrs., and I harvested all 3 rabbits, on 1 shot each. When the pups found the rabbits at the end of each run, they really turned on!

Tell you what, it's hard to beat that Birthday!

Old 12-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

Happy Belated Birthday Steve. I can't wait to hunt with the new pups. That must have been one very large rabbit to stomp down that path. LOL