Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Few Fort AP Hill Deer >

Few Fort AP Hill Deer

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Few Fort AP Hill Deer

Old 12-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Spike

Default Few Fort AP Hill Deer

Here are a few killed on base this year.
Attached Thumbnails Few Fort AP Hill Deer-img00141.jpg   Few Fort AP Hill Deer-img00146.jpg   Few Fort AP Hill Deer-img00147.jpg   Few Fort AP Hill Deer-img00150.jpg   Few Fort AP Hill Deer-img00151.jpg  

Old 12-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Spike

Those are some nice bucks. We usually hunt ft pickett and were thinking about going up to ap hill, how is the late season hunting up there? Most of pickett has been shut down this year with troop training. thought we may try something new. any advice would be appreciated.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Nice...TA or SA?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Spike

All SA bucks but I did hunt one afternoon in TA 23 bow hunt only and saw a monster.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

DUstin showed me the 2 he killed when we went to grannies on TRhanksgiving and Uncle Lee said he couldn't hit chit this year. Looks like it was another fine trip. I am going to Ohio on a bow hunt next November with anothe rPerry boy give me a call if you are interested in going. It will be the second week of Nov.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Spike

Default Acorns

For you that hunted ap hill va this year should have had a great season as myself.the problem for the next three years will be the lost of acorns on the great oak trees they hold. I spent days with the biologist and can honestly tell you it is a cycle. The deer were all filled up with grass and now that it is snowing the deer are having a tough go of finding food.