Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Worst bow season in 15 years >

Worst bow season in 15 years

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Worst bow season in 15 years

Old 10-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Worst bow season in 15 years

Bow season is over with not a single dead deer. The last time this happened I was 15 years old. I am usually good to kill anywhere from 5 to 7 bucks every year with my bow. I had to get venison from a friend it was sad times around my house. My wife and oldest son have been giving me the blues.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why would you kill 5-7 bucks in one year? Is it legal to kill that many bucks in Florida?
Old 10-31-2009, 04:33 AM
Spike

I feel your pain brother! My season has been about as bad. I'm stressed out over work (or lack of), some negative things have been going on at the place I hunt that have made some deer move off the property and the ones that are still there they have become nocturnal. This stuff happened at the start of bow season and my usual 2 deer for early archery has suffered! The weather has been terrible for hunting in Virginia. Very warm temps., heavy rains, it just has'nt seemed like hunting season has even started yet. Maybe Virginia needs to look at how the average weather has changed over the years and push the seasons back a little? I started hunting about 15 years ago and I remember frozen fingers, toes, and frost on the ground was normal back in the early 90's during early archery season. Thanks for the post and letting me vent a little!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Why would you kill 5-7 bucks in one year? Is it legal to kill that many bucks in Florida?
VIrgiania,,,

Yes it's legal..In Florida we can kill 2 per day...but only have 4 in possesion..and no does..at least on the WMAs..which is nuts..I see lots of does but very few bucks..2 per days is nuts..I think 1 per year would be plenty..with one doe myself..Our hogs taste as good as the deer...my wife likes them better.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

I've only been able to deer hunt twice so far this year, once I drove over 8 hours, and the second time I drove over 3 hours.

Just be happy that you have the opportunity to get into the woods and hunt.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

So in Florida you have a total of 4 buck tags, yet he kills 5-7 bucks...and that is legal?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Spike

he said 2 a day, in possession of 4.

NO LIMIT ON BUCKS FOR THE SEASON, JUST THE DAY
Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is real interesting that the state allows unlimited buck kills, or deer kills in general.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default e

Originally Posted by virginiashadow
So in Florida you have a total of 4 buck tags, yet he kills 5-7 bucks...and that is legal?

From the first day of bow season through the end of gun season I can legally shoot 2 bucks per day. In Florida you can legally kill 200 bucks a year if you can see them. You can kill does during bow season and 1 week during the general gun. And with the amount of deer I kill and the rest of the guys and gals that camp with us we usually kill around 40 to 50 bucks a year. There are about 20 people in our group that we camp with. And all of the meat gets eaten. This past weekend I killed a little buck and all but the shoulders is gone already.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Dominant Buck

What is weird..you must think FLorida is loaded with bucks..LOL not really..I've seen or had grunts answered back while hunting ..8 bucks in 7 years...total and about 30 does..Does are illlegal

I have not a clue why the silly law is in place..I'd be happy with one doe and one buck..per year..