Bucks chasing does in Va.!!!!!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Bucks chasing does in Va.!!!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by tourangeaud
Prince William County
Witnessed 2 bucks chaseing and mating the same doe, semi close to manassas battlefields.

....the same doe....what a little tramp!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

6 or 7 times. That's a step up from a tramp. To bad the 12 pointer, that was out of range, didn't have any interests in breeding at that time.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Spike

Default It's on!!

It's on like Donkey Kong right now in Southampton county....Grab your bow and head to the woods!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

We harvested a few cull bucks on one of our tracts yesterday -both of them were only growing racks on one side and they were the same last year. Neither one of them wanted anything to do with the does in the field. Our group also took a doe yesterday who showed no sign of coming in. Several others in our group saw some bucks of various sizes but no chasing at all. Rut is acting funny this year in our neck of the woods.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

I saw a nice 8 pointer with a doe who was in estrus on Saturday. No running/chasing around though. I saw her with her tail flickering and straight out then she looked behind her. 5 minutes later he followed her and they both bedded down in a small thickit in a green field. I grunted and rattled and he only looked my way but that was it. This was on the Fauquier/Culpepper line out by SouthWales GC. They were only about 100 yds away but couldn't pull either one across the river too me. Didn't see any other rut activity all day.

I did have one of the best days hunting without harvesting a thing. Saw 9 deer total, 12 turkeys, and heard coyotes both in the morning and evening. Plus the best was I watched a Bald Eagle flying up and down the river bottom. That was great.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:19 AM
Fork Horn

flips - Sounds like you had a great day afield! If you enjoy watching eagles you should come hunt with us some. Where we hunt along the river is one of the biggest nesting regions for the bald eagles in the Northern Neck. We see Eagles almost every day, most days we see them through out the day, I have watched youngs on what appeared to be training flights and I have had the pleasire of watching them fish wih great success. It is truly awsome to see and I feel honored to be witness to all of this!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

This past Sat. after our workday my son and i took the long way home and saw a buck chasing a doe pretty good.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Justin,

I have hunted in the Northern Neck before and have seen them all the time too. In fact my family is from down there around Kilmarnock area. I have hunted all around White Stone, Irvington, Weems areas. I shot the wide buck in my avatar on the right side just out of town limits just off Rt 3 on the road going down to boys camp down there.

Hopefully the warm weather won't screw us up too much. I plan on hunting on Wednesday and it is supposed to get colder with a front moving in.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

Do you get back down here to hunt much anymore? I know what you are saying about the weather. I am hoping that Wed and Friday will be decent days, hopefully wed will turn things on around here. We are seeing deer just not really any chasing other than opening day of BP when I watche a youngin (1.5 or so) chase two little does around the field while they tried to eat. But it seems it has shut off again. But I have seen it do this in the past and when it hits it hits hard and furious so I am keeping my fingers crossed
Old 11-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Eng I guess I don't get a call, check ya dang messages!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.