South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sign in VA

Old 10-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up Sign in VA

Hey Guys,

I did some scouting this week and it looks like a bunch of scrapes and rubs are starting to pop up on my properties. Are you guys seeing the same activity? I put a couple of cameras out in one of my NOVA spots and will pick them up tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find. This rain might shut things down a little, but I'll be out tomorrow and Saturday.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Starting to see the same in manassas/warrenton areas,,,deer really moved on wed. nite before the storm and again tonight,,but im afraid we have already over-hunted our prime spot,,,the deer never hit the fields until last light both nights,,,their on to our tactics so now i think it is time to give them a break and go hunt the mountains of markham and front royal for a week or two. My prime goal is to get a bear this year,,,so im gonna focus on that until i think the rut is in full. Good luck to you guys and post pics of the meat pole!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:25 AM
Spike

I'm seeing the same thing in the Manassas area too Mike. Lots of scrapes and a couple rubs lines here and there.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Same in stafford
Old 10-18-2009, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Same in Fairfax.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Seen some rubs in Fairfax Saturday
Old 10-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Been seeing the same in Culpepper and Orange Co. Hoping this unusually but blessed cold weather will get the bucks in search mode in the next week or so. I think the next full moon phase will be on Nov. 3rd......
Old 10-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Been seeing rubs and scrapes and bucks are starting to spare in nova. I saw two 110 inch deer fighting in my front yard on Monday. Also, saw one good buck who had already busted is whole right side off, would have been a hell of a deer, but i must admit i am more interested in seeing the deer that broke it off. I have also seen a couple 2.5yr old bucks chasing does in the stand.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

In Southeast VA been seeing some rubs and scrapes around the farm. Seen one small buck in the same field as does but not interested in them at all, so I shot him. That was the only buck I have seen out of many days of hunting and scouting and hundreds of trail camera pictures???? I don't know where they have went too?
Old 10-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Spike

Hunted some public land in Faquier Co. last week and noticed two small rubs along field edges.I did'nt see any scrapes. It's been really warm lately with little or no deer movement durring daylight hours. I can't wait untill the high temps are in the 40's! About the only thing I did see worth mentioning is I came within 5 yds. and face to face with a full grown Emu! I guess it got loose from someones property. I think it's someones pet because when I snuck up behind it and it turned around it just stared at me. The only thing I kept thinking was "that thing has more meat on it than 10 Turkeys"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.