Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Quantico Hunting 2009 >

Quantico Hunting 2009

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Quantico Hunting 2009

Old 11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

yah thats not the guy that killed the buck in 6B, I saw the pic of the 26 point killed last year on mainside.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Grizzl, Brett if you all do meet up I would really like to join in. I have read alot about topo maps and feel they have been a lot of help. I would like to see how you read them to see if I am right. Its a lot harder to get out there in the off season these days its like they shout the areas down just after spring turkey season. Any time I can talk to someone about base I take the time to listen you never know they may just have the one piece to my hunt that I didnt think of. This is my second season on Base and still did not fill a tag. Should have taken one of those early Bucks/Doe that I past on.

Rick.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rick, you got it buddy. I actually saw you the other day hop into you vehicle. I couldn't get to you quick enough to say hi. KEEP at it, you are going to be succesful because you work hard and scout. I purchased a gps with topo capabilities this year and I really like it. The topo map study I have done the past couple of years is finally starting to pay off in terms of sightings and opportunities. ld I am free many days due to my work schedule and would gladlt meet up with you to look at the topo maps and help you out. Just let me know when you are free and we can grab a cup of coffee and talk topos in general and in specific about spots on Quantico.

Lets get out there and hunt some days in December. I am hunting this Saturday afternoon. Probably going to meet up with another buddy of mine but you are more than welcome to join us. Let me know.

Brett
Old 12-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Brett Just sent a PM before I saw your post. I am up for Saturday Where are you going ? The weather looks ? .
Old 12-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rick, I won't be down to the game check until 12:30 or so due to my wife having b-ball practice. If it is snowing, I am definitely going. If it is pouring rain, forget it. I have an idea about where to hunt on Sat. I hatched it about a week ago. It is a place I scouted several times last winter and summer. I have not hunted it at all. There is a certain reason I want to hunt it, even though it is a gun area. But if you have other thoughts, I am game to explore and enjoy the afternoon on any area of the base.

Let me know if that time is good for you. I will probably be there around 12:30-12:45pm and if it is snowing I will need to stay on a decent surface as I do not have 4 wheel drive and don't feel like getting my truck stuck.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:50 AM
Spike

Default Here is the 6B buck

Shot with a gun...he got one the same size in 1995.
Quantico Hunting 2009-6b-20091120_3-good-.jpg
Old 12-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grizzl---now that would be a lifetime buck for me. I would probably dance a jig for 30 minutes in the woods if I shot that type of buck!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Yes sir, thats the man... I've seen him for numerous seasons. Awesome buck. There were so many people there standing over it.

any details on if he's seen it before?

Originally Posted by Grizzl
Shot with a gun...he got one the same size in 1995.
Attachment 5794
Old 12-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by virginiashadow
Grizzl---now that would be a lifetime buck for me. I would probably dance a jig for 30 minutes in the woods if I shot that type of buck!
Ya...I wouldn't let that one walk away
Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by HoytSpeed
Yes sir, thats the man... I've seen him for numerous seasons. Awesome buck. There were so many people there standing over it.

any details on if he's seen it before?
I'm sure he patterned it. He's a longtime Quantico hunter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.