Cypress Creek Hunting Lodge? >

Cypress Creek Hunting Lodge?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Cypress Creek Hunting Lodge?

Old 09-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question Cypress Creek Hunting Lodge?

Anyone have any experience with this outfitter? I'm interested in possibly booking a hunt with them.

http://www.cypresscreekhunting.com/welcome.html
Old 09-30-2009, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

No one???...
Old 09-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know about them, but I do know the owners of this and they are in the same area: http://www.blackwaterhunting.com/

I have hunted there 3 different times over the last 6 years. If it is deer you are looking to hunt I can really recommend them. First class people and organization. Feel free to PM me and I will give you more info. Terry is the owners name and I am sure in the economic climate he will deal with you too.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Spike

Default The guide didn’t even care enough to remember what species we were hunting.

We were so unhappy that we left half way through our hunt. The guide didn’t even care enough to remember what species we were hunting. He kept trying to put us on hogs when we were there to hunt deer. We asked him if he could put us on some does and he asked how much longer we were staying , told us we had plenty of time left and walked away. The hunters that hung out with the guide all got deer and hadn’t been there as long as we had. We spoke with the owner and we were told there are no favorites, all stands are the same and that we had plenty of time left. At that point we left. I understand luck plays a factor in a successful hunt but when the guide doesn’t care enough to remember what species you are hunting it is pretty bad. I should point out that even though the guide was trying to put us on hogs we didn’t see any hogs. During a rut hunt we saw 3 does none closer than 150 yards. This was our second trip to Cypress Creek. Our first trip was great but for our second trip we had the regular guide. When the guide doesn’t care it isn’t worth the time.