Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
VA Urban Season Success? >

VA Urban Season Success?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA Urban Season Success?

Old 09-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default VA Urban Season Success?

Just wondering if any one has had any sucess in the urban season yet? I went out last Saturday in the evening in Clifton, VA and saw 2 does. Had one come in about 30 yards and before I could get drawn back on her some of the neighbors kids were playing loudly and she took off before I could get the shot off. Good size deer and was suprised to see her by herself. I thought it was a buck at first but didn't see any antlers or nubs on top. Plus she came running to me with a fawn bleat call. Going out again tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will let you know in the next couple of weeks. I would like to get a shot at one in my backyard. Have a little bit of woods and the deer come by every once in awhile.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

I've been so busy getting ready for archery season that i hav'nt had time to hunt!(if that makes any sense) We have been hanging and building stands to the extent that im ready to just be happy with what i have done and BE done! Have some good bucks on the game cameras and decided not to bust em out of there quite yet,,,,and besides that during the process of scouting and hanging stands,,,i got my 1st batch of chiggers,,may i say WOW!!!!!!!!!! nastiest scratchin i have ever done. Good luck to you guys and cant wait to see some pics of the meat poles
Old 09-21-2009, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

Not the urban season, but I got on a kill permit in and around charlottesville and have shot 9 does since August. It's still an urban setting, houses, golf courses, etc. Can't wait until 10/3, between 3-d season and shooting does, I am way more prepared than ever before.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

I've been out a few times this month, including this morning. I am seeing deer, but they are keeping their distance. My calls aren't getting them any closer.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Spike

got my first doe of the season last night in prince william county.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job Nova--I killed a doe in Prince William on Monday