Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
VA Hunter Check IN >

VA Hunter Check IN

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA Hunter Check IN

Old 09-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

MountainHunter: I've been going to Bowe's & Arrows on Rt. 1 by Ft. Belvior. B&B Archery in Manassass is also recommended to me. There is also Hoffman Archery in the Gainsville area.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

I'll second B&B
Old 09-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Hi, I'm in Orange, VA. I'll be hunting Orange, Spotsy, Fauquier, Culpeper, and Albermarle counties. Good luck everyone.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by virginiashadow
I wish all Virginia hunters the best of luck. Please post up some pics or maybe just a story of your success in the woods. Remember, success isn't always defined by a dead animal. BEST of luck guys.

VA Chucker--how is the GWNF? I have always wanted to bowhunt there, but haven't gotten too serious because I hunt Quantico. If I did hunt it, I would go up there and camp out for a few days to make it worth the travel. Please give me some insight as to whether the trip is worth it. Thanks.

Brett
Brett

I've hunted GWNF a few times, only seen does, but i know it holds some nice bucks. I've been up to natural chimneys, its just past bridgewater, in augusta county. I may go up there here in october, my uncle hunts there alot. camping is nice too! Just bought a 25ft pull along for the family.

Lookin forward to this saturday at quantico, i work right on base now, off hot patch road. Seen alot of does at night, and i mean like 30, i was workin late last friday, came through TBS and saw two nice 8 pointers running through the parking lot headin into 5C.

Gonna be a long line friday!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya Hoyt--I can't hunt until Tuesday afternoon due to work. Best of luck, I hope you arrow something buddy.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

I'll 3rd B&B.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

I am also from good 'ol Orange County Va. I actually hunt on two leases in Culpepper Co. One lease is a 100 acre farm and the other is a 3,000 acre lease on Pulpwood land and a family's trust. We strictly bow and muzzleloader hunt the small farm lease and hunt with everything, including dogs, on the large tract. Best of luck to all you Va. hunters this year!!!! I will be out there this Sat. morning and for once it is supposed to be nice and cool with the possibility of some more rain.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by virginiashadow
I hear ya Hoyt--I can't hunt until Tuesday afternoon due to work. Best of luck, I hope you arrow something buddy.
I think I may take a day next week also. But I want to save some time for the end of october and early november.

Let me know what your plans are, hopefully we can meet up. even during the week
Old 10-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Spike

I live in Newport News and will be hunting Accomack County.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Im on the corner of Hanover, Louisa and Goochland. I have a lease in Hanover and Louisa and have been invited to hunt a few areas in Goochland for the first time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.