Fort Stewart, GA

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Fort Stewart, GA

Old 07-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Spike

Default Fort Stewart, GA

Hey guys,

I live in Jacksonville and with the FL quota system I would like to hunt more than just the quotas I got. Its only 2 hours away and was wondering if it would be worth it. Ive been researching it a little and like the fact that you can hunt there all year long for hogs. Any advice would be great.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Compared to Florida, Yes it is worth the drive.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:19 PM

Default New here

I just found this forum and it looks like a good place to read. Years ago I was stationed at Hunter Army airfield in Savannah. We flew over the ranges and got to know the land. When I went hunting there I did good. It is still the source of my camp fire stories. Get a map, find the low ground, be still. They will always be there,but it takes work. Got the biggest spike there and will always remember the locals giving me the thumbs up when they saw it hanging from my front yard tree. I will go back some day hope you try it and have a good hunt.