Southern Trophy Outdoor Expo, Lakeland >

Southern Trophy Outdoor Expo, Lakeland

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Southern Trophy Outdoor Expo, Lakeland

Old 07-14-2009, 03:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default Southern Trophy Outdoor Expo, Lakeland

Did anybody make it out to Lakeland last weekend for the Outdoor hunting expo? I went Saturday with my boy and it seemed like it was packed. I stayed for the Bone Collector seminar and then left. Had a pretty decent time, way too many outfitters and taxidermist, I thought.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by midsouth_hunter
Did anybody make it out to Lakeland last weekend for the Outdoor hunting expo? I went Saturday with my boy and it seemed like it was packed. I stayed for the Bone Collector seminar and then left. Had a pretty decent time, way too many outfitters and taxidermist, I thought.
my daughter and i were there on saturday as well. we saw some neat stuff and had a decent time. i thought the same thing about there being too many outfitters. it wasn't exactly what i had expected.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Expo

I've been several times before but skipped it this year. Had a nice discussion with Larry Weishuhn before. Just tired I guess.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Spike

i think the economy has a lot to do with the number of outfitters there. i know one of the guys who never had to do the whole show thing because all his hunts were full. but not this year. when the "PH's" are there trying to fill there own hunts, you know its bad.
brian
Old 07-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Fork Horn

I also think all the outfitters at the expo had to do with the economy. They were a lot more pushy this year and the prices for their hunts was lower this year as well. Well most of the outfitters. There were some that was charging premium prices for their hunts and could not understand why you would not want to pay 3500 for 5-6 day hunts. On the other hand, there were some great animal mounts from several taxidermist at the expo. I did not buy too much this year, got a Hunter Safety System Life line for $35 out the door and a pair of BOGS boots for my son. The Bone Collector seminar was entertaining.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

I was there. I probably will not go again unless I am looking for some a hunting trip. I find most of these shows are mainly outfitters.

I ended up buying a new climber a Treewalker Tree Stand. It is amazing simple, light and really holds to the trees I have climbed so far. Is it hunting season yet??
Old 07-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, there were some deals there. I bought the HSS life line for $35. They are normally $40. I get so tired of the outfitters. They are all charging big money for their hunts. They are all friendly until you start talking to them and you tell them that you hunt public land in their state and harvested a 160" deer. I hunted with outfitters two years in a row and felt ripped off both times. I have more fun doing it all myself.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

I was there this year on Saturday too. I went mainly to talk to the outfitter I had gone with before. The show was the same as the one I went to a few years ago. It is nice to go to once every 5 years or so unless you are going to see something specific.