Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 BowHunt in East Tennessee >

BowHunt in East Tennessee

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

BowHunt in East Tennessee

Old 07-08-2009, 06:33 AM

Default BowHunt in East Tennessee

My son and I are going to bowhunt in East Tennessee in late October. What would be a good game plan? Are the acorns still dropping?
Old 07-12-2009, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

What part of East Tn you plan on hunting? Im in East Tn (scott co). I think by late Oct all the acorns are gone.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by brushbustin
What part of East Tn you plan on hunting? Im in East Tn (scott co). I think by late Oct all the acorns are gone.
We are going to North east Hawkins county, Surgoinesville to be exact. If the acorns are gone, what would be the prime set up?
When does the rut come into play?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

Im not familar with Hawkins co,I do know that there are alot of deer over that way, I believe they harvested around 2500 deers last year. As for a set up, just be in the woods hunting! LOL Our muzzleloader season opens the first saturday in November and runs for 14 days,and the rut is usually pretty good during that time.That may be something to think about,maybe put your bowhunt off for a week or two and hunt the Muzzleloader season. You should checkout tndeer.com,lots of good info on tnhunting,several hawkins co hunters there,and there are a few game wardens on there also,its a forum just like this. check it out,im cecil30-30 over there.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:20 PM

You are in a good part of the county.What part of Surgoinsville you hunting? That is right in my backyard and info I can help you with I will be more than happy to. Try catching them in between feeding and bedding. It will be a little early for any pre rut or rut activity and depending on the weather the bigger deer might be moving mostly early and late.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:02 AM

I believe its off of Lawson Road. I will have to google it on the map. I know it runs off of Bear Hollow Road.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:09 PM

If that is the case it is between Rogersville and Surgoinsville. Should be some pretty good hunting mostly mountain land not sure how use to climbing up the side of hills you are but you are in a good place.