The only good snake is a... >

The only good snake is a...

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

The only good snake is a...

Old 08-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rafsob
Why in heavens name would you have a dangerous animal as a rattle snake for a pet? You are one o the people that I hear about in the news. I remember hearing about a little girl being killed by a pet snake that daddy had. This is so stupid. That snake belongs in the woods and not around humans.
I do not like to see a snake killed.I take them out of the town i live in so they do not get killed.The rattlers i keep till it is time to den then i put them back near the den.Last year me and my buddy gave back 23 babys with the moms.This spring we found 19 of the babys.The rattler needs all the help it can get to many people kill them
Old 08-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Spike

Thats a whopper copperhead alright, biggest one I've killed was 38".

I'm with you on killing all poisinous snakes I run across!!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Fork Horn

Where in NoVA was this?? The only copper head Ive ever run across in NoVA is the one in a cage at Riverbend Park. I"ve seen them up in the Frederick Watershed in Maryland, but they were mostly smaller snakes. And I"ve never run into a mean copperhead, which doesnt mean you shouldnt kill the damn poisonous snakes just that i havent seen them.

but i am interested in where you got that one. hes huge. id hate for my dog to run into him.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Spike

That was one bit copperhead. Did you make a hatband out of the skin?
Old 08-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Spike

What happened to your dog???
Old 09-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

whatta snake i killed a 52 in cottonmouth in ky bout three years ago
Old 09-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Fork Horn

For some reason the coperheads are thick as theives this year at my farm in Ga. I think they must have nested close to the house. I have killed 2 moccosins and the dogs have killed 4 copperheads in the last week and a half. All the copperheads were within 20 yards of the house.
We have 2 dogs that will kill them every chance they get. One has been bitten so many times whe has built up an immunity to them. One copperhead was almost 4ft and was laying with his head less than a foot from the door that we go in and out of.
I think our one dog can actually smell the snakes because she generally stays on the screened in porch but almost every time she has killed a snake near the house she would go ballistic until we let her out. Sure enough she would find a snake. Did this the other day with the one at the back door.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-18-2010 at 10:08 AM.