Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Roanoke, Va/ getting involved?? >

Roanoke, Va/ getting involved??

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Roanoke, Va/ getting involved??

Old 05-18-2009, 11:30 AM

Default Roanoke, Va/ getting involved??

Hello all, my name is Collin, I am sixteen years old and live in Roanoke, Va. For way too long have I sat around wishing I could get into shooting and hunting and everything outdoors like I truly want to! I have a real passion for the outdoors and firearms, and I just need some guidance on how to get involved. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Collin[/align][/align]
Old 05-19-2009, 04:25 AM

Default RE: Roanoke, Va/ getting involved??

The first place to start is with your friends and your friends parents. Do any of them either hunt or shoot. I don't know of anyone who has experiance that is not interested in introducing new people to the hunting and shooting world.

If you don't know of anyone who hunts, you might want to try finding people who do a lot of fishing. Many fishermen are also hunters and shooters. This is a little more of around about approach but it should pay off for you in the end.

Bottom line is that you need to begin by letting everyone knowthat you're interested in hunting and shooting and start networking yourself.

Have fun, be safe and good luck!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Collin, do you have your hunting license yet? If you do not I can get you the information you need to get a license.

Are you able to drive this year to go hunting? Do you have any land available to hunt? If not, no problem, we can help find you some public hunting land.

Please ask any questions you feel would help you out and I will do my best to give you a hand in any way.

Brett
Old 05-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stealth. I found this if you are having any trouble getting a hunter education certificate:

Alternative Delivery Course The Virginia Hunter Education Alternative Delivery Course is composed of an online portion, a written test, and a series of practical exercises which must be completed by each student. After selecting an Alternative Delivery course date from the list of Hunter Education courses, the student should complete the online Hunter Education course at the International Hunter Education Association's Web site. Quiz results from each section must be printed and brought to the practical exercises. After completing the on-line course, the student should study the Hunting & Trapping Regulations section at the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries Web site. Questions from this section and the online course will be included on the written test. The student should then register for an Alternative Delivery course. Upon satisfactory completion of the test and the practicals, the student will be awarded a certificate of Completion of Hunter Education.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:30 AM

For a first timer like you, it would be best to research first before going into hunting so you will know all the essential information when you go outdoor, at least you will be fully aware on getting involved with any activity. Going with some friends that you personally knew would help.