Dog hunting outlaws >

Dog hunting outlaws

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Dog hunting outlaws

Old 12-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dog hunting outlaws

I am not one of those ones you see riding around in a truck right before and after dark either. Infact I have a lot bad I could say about them or how I feel about it.

I'm not trying to say I don't like still hunting or hunting with dogs I'm just trying to point out that their are bad apples in every bunch. I have hunted both ways and like both of them as they each have their pro's and con's. I like both of them and just trying to say that neither is a sport with no bad hunters. Both still hunters and the dog hunters have and probably always will have a few bad ones among them but for the most part the majority are probably good.

As for the baiting maybe it's just in the area's I've hunted or maybe you guys just don't want to see it so act like it doesn't happen but It seems like most of the still hunters I've met want to bait them. Does this make them bad people? No. It does however bug me. By baiting I mean pouring out corn, using store bought items that are intended to bait deer, etc. I'm not saying all still hunters do it but I've talked to more who will admit to you that they do it than I have ones that say they don't. Maybe it's just bad in the 2 areas I hunt I'm not sure but but area's a few hours apart from each other have a lot of people wanting to do this.

I in reality like all forms of hunting and think that they just all need to stick together and quit trying to get the other one outlawed.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: reswire

You'll need to take Hokieman's advice and do something about it. You see, the dog hunters feel they are safe trespassing and abusing your civil rights. It will be up to you to seek an attorney to sue the state, or the VDGIF more directly. Until lawsuits and court orders are used, the state will continue to allow the trespass and trampling of personal rights onprivate property. If you join the fight now, you may be able to gain monetary rewards from the state. There is no doubt in my mind they know this as well. The dog focus study was never intended to "change" anything. It was only a tool they could use to defray fault and blame, thus hoping to lower their financial obligations to those who have been deprived of property and personal rights without compensation.
sue, aw the new american way. lol sad thing is that now a days our government would actually listen to such a case.[&o] a person who abuses the rtr law should not be allowed to hunt just as a poacher, tresspasser, person who shoots deer dogs, should'nt.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:54 PM

Deerdogdude, I didn’t say anything about dog hunting. I was just telling my experience with some locals that think they are above the law. It just so happens that in the past 26 years of hunting, a stand/still hunter has never almost shot me! But I have to agree, there are good and bad in both types of hunting.

Now my post was meant to be directed more so towards the guy that feels all still hunters, are hunting or want to be hunting over bait. I’m confused about one thing I’ve always thought still hunting was stalking and moving slowly through the woods and stand hunting was one that sits in the woods in a stand. I guess you dog hunters just make it up as you go just like making up excuses why you need dogs to hunt deer.

I personally don’t have a problem with dog hunting I don’t care to do it myself but some people feel it’s the only way. So whatever floats your boat, or gets your deer. I don’t care if you bring in an army of midgets on ponies to chase them down as long as they don’t come on my land or the private land I hunt.

As for planning a hunt I’m sure that’s hard when dog hunting just drop the tailgate and your hunting. Us stand hunters have to actually get out of the truck to hunt and in most cases spend weeks planning our hunt. Then to have it ruined by a pack of trespassing dogs and rude hunters that act like 5 graders on the hunting forum. Yeah, you could say it pisses you off from time to time. Now I would never shoot some ones dog and I don’t want to see dog hunting become illegal. I would however like to see dog season moved to the month of January as a separate season. When us stand hunters are out of the woods. It wouldn't matter here anyway we don't even have dog season in my county andI still have to put up with it! So ShutUp and Hunt yourself!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

GR8 advice... try it sometime.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Old 12-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still hunting to me is and what I've always heard it was was basically what you are calling stand hunting.

As for the dogs running across your land they don't know it's someone elses land so if the guys hunting with dogs can't catch them there isn't much that can be done about them being on your land. They can try to catch them as hard as they want but it doesn't always happen.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

Still hunting to me is and what I've always heard it was was basically what you are calling stand hunting.

As for the dogs running across your land they don't know it's someone elses land so if the guys hunting with dogs can't catch them there isn't much that can be done about them being on your land. They can try to catch them as hard as they want but it doesn't always happen.

And why should I not be PISSED OFF ABOUT THEIR LACK OF DOG CONTROL WHEN IT RUINS MY DAYS HUNT ON PRIVATE PROPERTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My stand hunting does not bother anyone.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! H^&** its illeagal to dog hunt in county!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blueheeler101 and Reswireare right. They own the property and they don't want people on it running dogs. It has nothing to do with PETA, if dog hunters can't control their dogs enough to stay out of where they are not welcome, they should go somewhere else. This loop hole to trespass to recover dogsis wrong. Saying dogs can't read signs is no excuse either, the owner is responsible for the dogs actions and travel routes. It doesn't matter if you own 1 acre or 1000 acres or how long you have owned the property. One polite warning and then take action.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:44 AM
Spike

blue is absol. right. dog hunting is not even allowed in his county. As far as other counties that allow dog hunting, It is wrong for a hunter to tresspass on your property, but the fact is if a hunt is started on ones property and the deer run on to another's than what is the dog gonna do???????? the dog is going to continue to run the deer. You can shrug it off (as most would do) or you can act like an a**. Like I said before when i bought my 20 acres in the middle of 20,000 or 30,000 acres that are dog hunted, i dont expect them to stop dog hunting around there. i dont want them tresspassing on my property, but i know the dogs are gonna come through if the deer does. As long as they are not turning out on my land than what can i say? nota! and if I did...I would be the ahole of the county(understandable). The folks that live out here have been here all their lives, not a newby that moved out here from a more populated area. I guess that has alot to do with it.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

I have been hunting since October 4th (bowhunting) and have had 60% of my hunts blown by hounds running right under my stand. I know this is illegal, because if you check the regs for VA it clearly states that hounds are illegal, even training, when archery is in season. This pisses me off! I spoke to the hunt club that borders my lease, and the SOB's started running more than before.

The thing that really ticks me off is when turkey hunting...getting up before the sun, finding the birds and start calling them. Never fails...hounds run the turkeys off! I have caught almost a dozen dogs, called the animal control, and they wrote citations for several things including not having the dogs rabies vac tag displayed on collars. It was like $150 but they continued to do it, even running dogs on my land to chase the deer to their land.

This is unethical, and any responsible hunter should respect the others hunting. Dont get me wrong though. When shotgun is open, dog hunting is a blast, but the doggers should practice what the majority of hunters practice...HUNTING BY THE LAWS AND the regulations made by the Department of Game and fisheries.

They arent my rules, and if I decide to hunt with an AK47, I am in violation. Just like the doggers that run dogs out of season, and then run them on my private lease where i have spent hundreds of dollars on foof plots, tree stands, etc.

It blows my mind when doggers turn a blind eye to the illegal actions that MOST doggers use!

Quick Reply: Dog hunting outlaws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.