Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Dog hunting outlaws >

Dog hunting outlaws

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Dog hunting outlaws

Old 12-17-2008, 07:32 PM

Default RE: Dog hunting outlaws

See remember the bad apples you guys were talking about = dogger69'sand friendsare justthat and aregoing to bring anend to your dog hunting for you HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-18-2008, 04:26 AM
Spike

well, Dog hunting is not going to be outlawed. You can wish it, think it, say on these post, but the cold hard fact is dog hunting is not going anywhere. Now, That being said, that is a terrible attitude to have(dogger). If laws change, or if in a area where dog hunting is not allowed, respect the laws! I can understand dogger69 attitude(being sick of hearing about it) but just because Their attitudes are like that does not mean yours has to be. Hunt by the rules and everything will work out.By the way sitting up a tree is not so bad, try it sometime...its peaceful and relaxing.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:42 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dogger69

Eng40sqd, I agree with you. Just a bunch of crybabies. Sittin up a tree, waiting for deer. Pathetic. I'll turn loose a pack of dogs whenever I want, regardless of the new or old laws. Do those still hunters complain when my dogs run a buck to them and they shoot it? NO WAY!! I'm doing them a favor by turning dogs loose. I've killed plenty of deer my way, and I'm gonna keep on doing it. My club has run into a few #%$ yankee hunter wannabees, and we treat them like we see them. I belong to the HHA and when all of get together at the public forums, the wannabees back down. There is power in numbers. Keep turnin them loose and screw the crybabies! VDGIF is on our side, not theirs. Why should I give two craps about them?
Where we hunt we don't seem to have any problems from anyone. There was 1 guy last year who had a small farm in the middle of where we hunt. he got the lease last year, he shot one of my buddies dogs in the leg. The dog was fine and hunting 2 days later but when he came out of the woods that eve. he saw my buddy waiting on him and he drove back through the gate and locked it. My buddy sat there till 2 am and the guy would drive up to the gate and see him still there and then he would retreat. He would not come out. I bet he was just wanting to go home. anyways the landowner found out what he did and...he lost his lease(and treestands). Im glad the clubs around here dont have to bother with them. But HUNT BY THE RULES! dont break them just because of a few whinners.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gee Va houndsman, I agree with you. Reswire is just gonna have to get over it. I can come on his property any damn time I please, and he'll just have to get used to it. My dogs can't read signs, and I can't talk to dogs like Dr. Dolittle does. I've got grandparents who hunted with dogs, and I plan for my grandchildren to do the same. If my dogs run deer off of his property, too bad. Maybe he needs to buy some better fences. I've got laws to protect me, all he has is some whine and cheese.

Hound hunters have more rights than police officers do. A cop can't go on his property without probable cause, but I can go there anytime. I can walk on his front lawn, look into his barn, and swim in his pool if my dog might be on the bottom. Just because there are more criminals in society today than ever before, the right to retrieve law is not hurting him one bit. I'm one of those dog hunters who say "keep everything the same, everybody else in Virginia will just have to put up with my evil ways".

No sarcasm or thoughts of compromise in my soul. I'm just a good'ole redneck boy.
This is why the RTR law is gonna change....This in your face attitude is wrong....Glad you don`t hunt near me.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eng40sqd, I agree with you. Just a bunch of crybabies. Sittin up a tree, waiting for deer. Pathetic. I'll turn loose a pack of dogs whenever I want, regardless of the new or old laws. Do those still hunters complain when my dogs run a buck to them and they shoot it? NO WAY!! I'm doing them a favor by turning dogs loose. I've killed plenty of deer my way, and I'm gonna keep on doing it. My club has run into a few #%$ yankee hunter wannabees, and we treat them like we see them. I belong to the HHA and when all of get together at the public forums, the wannabees back down. There is power in numbers. Keep turnin them loose and screw the crybabies! VDGIF is on our side, not theirs. Why should I give two craps about them?
Another example of why the RTR is gonna change or hunting with dogs is gonna end.....soon.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

EDIT: I'll leave it at this. Most states that it is legal inonly have it legal in part of the state....if you dont like it, hunt where it is illegal and get over yourself.

I can't beleive some of you so called "deer hunters" and "sportsmen" would be so ignorant as to try to ban a whole style of hunting rather than just go after the individuals abusing that style. AND NO I DO NOT DOG HUNT. I HAVE ONLY DOG HUNTED ONCE. I am not biased at all. You're just walking a slippery slope when you try to ban a form of hunting. Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TreednNC

EDIT: I'll leave it at this. Most states that it is legal inonly have it legal in part of the state....if you dont like it, hunt where it is illegal and get over yourself.

I can't beleive some of you so called "deer hunters" and "sportsmen" would be so ignorant as to try to ban a whole style of hunting rather than just go after the individuals abusing that style. AND NO I DO NOT DOG HUNT. I HAVE ONLY DOG HUNTED ONCE. I am not biased at all. You're just walking a slippery slope when you try to ban a form of hunting. Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.
So a property owner is supposed to drive and hunt elsewhere so someone can continue to allow their hounds to run on lands they don't own? Lets say you inherited a piece of land and it's been in the family for years and you're supposed to go out of your way to accommodate others? Yet when asked these others will do zero to accommodate your wishes? You also say go after the individual abusing that style and a post above that we see where a dog hunter claims he'll continue to do as he pleases regardless of the laws. I think we found one. And you're calling others stupid? It's not going to be banned, just fixed. Why? Because of thousands out there with the exact same attitude as what you read posted on here. People that have zero respect for the rights, laws and consideration of others.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

dogger not to hurt your feelings however I was pointing out that there were crybabies on both sides of the issue. The problem is that some people on BOTH sides want nothing to do with taking the time to come to a agrement on key issues that would solve alot of the issues in most cases.

Those that break the laws in any style of hunting (hence both sides) are nothing more than poachers. I know of instances where still hunters break the law and I am aware of instances where dog hunters break the law. There is no reason to break the laws. With the liberall hunting seasons and bag limits throughout most of the state then there is no reason for ANYBODY no matter HOW THEY HUNT to feel that they are not getting a fair shot.

If everyone would stop this attitude of your on my playground and I want you off and try some open minded conversations (meaning getting past the fact that you dont like someones choosen method of hunting) and work on the few issues causing all the problems then we wouldnt be at each others throats....
Old 12-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Listen........... Hear that? It's the sound of inevitability approaching. Here's the Stakeholders report from SC. WOW a real committee making effective suggestions to fix a problem. Don't worry guys it will get here soon enough. Now maybe VDGIF & VT can send a group down there to learn how they do it.

Appendix 3: Draft of South Carolina Version of Georgia Law

Hunting Deer with Dogs

(A) For the purposes of this section, “hunting deer with a dog” includes:
(1) the act of releasing or in any other way causing a dog to attempt to pursue or be in
pursuit of deer; or
(2) taking or attempting to take deer by aid of a dog; or
(3) participating in the pursuit of deer with a dog; or
(4) a person who possesses a shotgun with buckshot on a public road or railroad right-of-
way. “Possession” does not include a or shotgun contained in a closed compartment,
closed vehicle trunk, or a vehicle traveling on a public road; and
(5) for all of the above, a person must be considered hunting deer with a dog until such
time that the dog owner or his agent regains physical possession and control of the dog.

(B) Any person hunting deer with a dog must cause the dog to be identified with a collar
bearing the dog owner’s name and telephone number. A person violating the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction must be fined not less than two hundred dollars nor more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than 30 days.

(C) Any dog in pursuit of deer, on property for which the dog’s owner does not have permission to hunt, that is found without a collar or without the name and telephone number of the owner on the collar may be considered to be “running at large” and may be impounded under Section
47-3-40 at the request of the property owner (how the owner gets the dog back is found in 47-
3-40).

(D) Any dog with identifiable owner information that is in pursuit of deer is not considered to be “running at large” and if restrained must be treated humanely and the owner of the dog must be notified within twenty-four hours. If the owner of the dog can not be notified local authorities must be notified within the same twenty-four hour period (need to insert misdemeanor violation for no notification). Any dog with identifiable owner information must be surrendered to the owner or his agent. In order to reclaim the dog the owner or his agent must:
(1) acknowledge ownership of the dog; and
(2) pay the person restraining the dog the sum of fifty dollars; and
(3) furnish to the person restraining the dog the owner’s name and address and identify
the property from which the dog originated.

(E) The owner of a dog in pursuit of deer that enters onto property for which the dog’s owner does not have permission to hunt is subject to civil action by the owner of the property onto which the dog has entered. Damages for the first offence will be presumed to be one-hundred dollars per occurrence. For a second occurrence within three months by the same owner’s dog(s) damages are presumed to be two-hundred dollars per occurrence up to a maximum of one-thousand dollars. These actions are non-jury matters and the magistrate has concurrent jurisdiction.

(F) For five or more occurrences on the same day or more that five occurrences involving the same dog(s) owner within three months, the activity is declared to be a public nuisance and the landowner may enjoin the activity and have a cause of action against both the dog(s) owner(s) and the owner(s) of land on which the dogs originated. Liability is established by proof of an intrusion by the dog(s) and damages are presumed to be an amount equal to one fifth of the current assessed value of the land owner’s entire property. (Need wording on injunction to stop dog hunting on the land as alternative to monetary damages. Also, if you go the injunction route you may need to be able to seek some form of damage from the dog owner)

(G) The prevailing party in any action brought pursuant to this section is entitled to the costs of the action and attorneys fees.

(H) It is unlawful to steal, harm, or kill any dog in pursuit of deer that has identifiable owner information or to remove or destroy any means of identification or tracking device from such dog. A person violating the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction must be fined not less than five hundred dollars nor more than ten thousand dollars or imprisoned for no less than 30 days nor more than six months, or both per offense. In addition, each person convicted of a violation of this section shall pay restitution to the legal owner of the dog as determined in the discretion of the court.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

When in Rome...most who grew up in a dogging or have family roots in a dogging area don't mind it.

It's not about dogging...it's about illegal and disrespectful activities.

Go after the individuals, they can only be turned into the law so many times before consequences are taken to prevent them from hunting.

Quick Reply: Dog hunting outlaws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.