virginia hunters

Old 11-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Spike

Default virginia hunters

What do you use as attractants in Va?
Old 11-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: virginia hunters

the real thing!! i haven't had much luck with scents, when the rut comes in full swing, you better believe i'm where the does are. Just last week I had a 6 pointer come in when i had does right under my stand. Nothing like the real thing!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

Acorn cover scent and waffers to start,it sometimes attracts them too...

Buck bombs here and there work.....along with estorus waffers. I also use some doe heat stuff right now, i use this stuff, cant remember the name but i know its from one deer not alot of deer like tinks.

oh and as hoyt said you cant beat the el natural way, just be where the does are right now.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:16 AM

I hunt out in the Leesburg/NOVA area. Has anyone seen any rutting activity? It looks like we will have the first solid week of cold weather this week an into the weekend. Do you all think they will be moving or is it over?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: crenshaw

Acorn cover scent and waffers to start,it sometimes attracts them too...

Buck bombs here and there work.....along with estorus waffers. I also use some doe heat stuff right now, i use this stuff, cant remember the name but i know its from one deer not alot of deer like tinks.

oh and as hoyt said you cant beat the el natural way, just be where the does are right now.
Hi Crenshaw, would it be Code blue? as far as i understand it. CB is collected from one deer.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

Tinks 69 on a wick, bleating and grunting in very spaced out intervals. Theywill come on a string if you do it right and within the doe population!
Old 11-21-2008, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tinks 69
Old 11-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone have any luck with Vanilla extract?
Old 11-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Spike

Man.....I had read somewhere on this site that the vanilla extract was a real good attractant!! Im gonna give this a try myself and see what happens!I will post my reviews.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Chris1968:
i have given the vanilla extract a good gone over and as far as im concerned,,,it has not worked as an attractant,,but it has stopped a few does long enough for me to get a shot as a cover scent,,,but try this stuff called Anise oil,,,you can buy it at southern states and it smells like black licorice

Quick Reply: virginia hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.