Last day for archery...is tomorrow >

Last day for archery...is tomorrow

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Last day for archery...is tomorrow

Old 10-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Last day for archery...is tomorrow

WOW!!! Where has the time gone?? Tomorrow is the last day for the Green Swamp..

ARCHERY SEASON:

September
20 through October 19 (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only).
Old 10-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Last day for archery...is tomorrow

Well,
As I pulled up to my trail another truck was there.Turns outto be areal nice hunter named Nick..We were hunting opposite sides...I stayed to 11:00 ..I saw nothing but Nick must have spooked a deer because I heard one blowing from his area to mine..She/He stopped 100 yds short of me and disappeared. I also heard a pig squeal..that was near a watering hole about 60 yds west of me.

I moved my stand to where I saw a few deer before..I'm all set up.I don't normally hunt in Sunday but I felt the urge..I'm glad I did..I didn't realize it but tomorrow is the last day[:-]

..I took a few shots today to make sure I was still tuned..I am.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Spike

I hunted all weekend and never seen anything till I was 100 yards from my truck on my way out sunday and seen 2 does run off into the woods [:@] .
Old 10-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ACguy

I hunted all weekend and never seen anything till I was 100 yards from my truck on my way out sunday and seen 2 does run off into the woods [:@] .
At 7:00am Saturday morningI went and sat on my frontporch with my coffee and at 7:10 am two nice Does stepped out into the front yard from the north back side of the house about 10yards from me. They never spotted me and I watched them browse in the front yard while they slowly made their way across my drive way and into the field in front of my house.......On Sunday morning atat 6:20same thing, but a Buck was with them this time and they moved faster across my yard and into the field....
Old 10-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog
At 7:00am Saturday morningI went and sat on my frontporch with my coffee and at 7:10 am two nice Does stepped out into the front yard from the north back side of the house about 10yards from me. They never spotted me and I watched them browse in the front yard while they slowly made their way across my drive way and into the field in front of my house.......On Sunday morning atat 6:20same thing, but a Buck was with them this time and they moved faster across my yard and into the field....
Wish my house was in a good location like that.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey ACauy,

On Sunday..how many vehicles was you from the gate..before it opened..I was number 2.

On Sat, I was number 1.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Spike

You all must be relieaved it is over. Green Swamp is the mostfrustrating place I have ever hunted. Plenty of Deer and pigs, seeing them always was theproblem. With all of the hundredsof hunters in the woods and theamount of deer and pigs killed makes you wonder.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I just with they had the gates open to scout more during the off season..
Old 10-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Spike

I did not get to the check in station till 6:00 am and I think there was 3 or 4 trucks there and the guys where sitting around talking.

I agree about the gates needing to be open more to scout. I am going to go this weekend and have a nice bike ride to get to some spots to scout. Do you ever hunt week day after work? I was thinking about hunting after work to beat the busy time.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I did not get to the check in station till 6:00 am and I think there was 3 or 4 trucks there and the guys where sitting around talking.
I agree about the gates needing to be open more to scout. I am going to go this weekend and have a nice bike ride to get to some spots to scout.
Do you ever hunt week day after work?
No sir..well maybe once..but i live 40 minutes away. The riverside by Rockridge is good but too many hunters.. There are actually deer everywhere but it takes alot of work..I've been hunting Powder Grade so a bike ride is too far when the gate is locked.I'm focused on one square mile and plan to fine comb it..I know where they are at but hard as crap to hunt.inside the thickest and biggest bayheads..I have a couple I plan on workin gin this year..During the weekdays on my Thanksgiving and Christmas break I'll hit the river..The river has a ton of area to cover and is a bit easier to hunt because the terrain is a little more open..I've diffently taken my scope off because there is no tim ein the thjick swamp to put the crosshairs on your deer. I messed up on a great opportunity to shoot a Florida registry buck.last year..biggest deer rack I've seen in my life..including VA, MD , MO and PA..the deer weighed at least 180 ..and was only 15 yds from me..but in back of my tree. Without a scope I would have got him..I had time for a 1 1/2 second broadside shot...that was it.[&o]
I was thinking about hunting after work to beat the busy time.

The Green Swamp is the toughest place I've ever hunted in my life. I've hunted the brushy ridges of the Ozarks , the marshes in Maryland , Virginia, and the mountains of Pennsylvania..FLorida has them all beat..it's bigger, more dangerous and THICK.The animals are tough to pattern and the Green Swamp is 25 square miles.[&o]
When we begin to score consistently..then we will be pros.
We need to scout, scout, and scout some more till we find the buck's living room as Camo calls it.We also may need to invest in some game cameras..

Right now..because of all the summer rains..inside those bayheads are too darn wet and deep..it should get easier by the end of Nov.

Someone on the Rockridge brought in a 174 pound buck..

Quick Reply: Last day for archery...is tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.