Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 South Mississippi hunters... >

South Mississippi hunters...

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

South Mississippi hunters...

Old 10-10-2008, 11:14 PM

Default South Mississippi hunters...

Hey guys, just wanted to see what you guys use to layer with during the late November to January months. I am looking at getting some new camo since I'm getting back into hunting after taking the last few years off. While the temperatures are usually more warmer than cold, I was looking to get an idea of what most of you have been using. I thought about getting a base layer, fleece mid layer, and then an insulated outer layer, but I'm not sure if that would be a little too much or perhaps good enough to cover the days it does get into the lower temperatures. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: South Mississippi hunters...

That sounds about perfect. I use a base layer, one or two layers of fleece( depending on the temp.), and I like insulated bibs with jacket (not coveralls). That way you can walk around or walk to your stand holding your jacket and once you get in your stand and cool off, then put your jacket on to trap your core heat. I seem to sweat my b***s off when walking in with coveralls on, or trying to get dressed in my stand.