All you Okies Ready >

All you Okies Ready

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

All you Okies Ready

Old 09-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default All you Okies Ready

The first is a week away! Good luck to everyone !!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: All you Okies Ready

I sure am. I may take the day off work, havent decided yet.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

yeah that thought has crossed my mind also. I may wait to see how the weather will be. I really dont want to spend all day in a tree with 90 degreetemps
Old 09-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

for me its who will show up to work and since i found out today I will be working alone, do I work alone....or go hunting???

decisions, decisions....
Old 09-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

quick update...according to Rick Mitchell, wed high will be 76, morning low 56, NE wind at 15. sounds like a nice opener. I think Ill be in the stand....
Old 09-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Typical Buck

yeah there will be a cold front pushing through wed-thur. The forecast looks great, but I am low on annual leave and I dont want to use up all my time. Where are you hunting this year? I will put in most of my time out at Thunderbird with a few trips down to Ft. Sill provided gas stays at its currnet price. I may make a trip down to Altus-Lugert during gun season. I found a little honey hole with a monster that uses the area. He has gotten the better of me the past two years but I hope this will be my year. I saw him back on Sept 1st and he looked like a horse. Good luck to you.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Anybody let an arrow fly this morning? =-----> =----->
Did you see any nice bucks roaming the great outdoors!!
Old 10-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

i came close.

It was an interesting morning. About 7, a crew of 5 coons started up the tree to visit. I think I scared them off as the found elsewhere to go. About 830,I had a bobcat pass w/in 15 yds (if it had been Dec 1, Id have a cat at the taxi.) soon after, I saw some yotes. none came close enough, or Id have had a yote at the taxi too. About 830, 8 does (some where yrlings) came by. They stopped just short of getting shot. Took the long way around. Imnot sure if the winded me or the bobcat from earlier. I left shortly thereafter.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

I didnt see jack......hunted till 10am then headed in to get something to eat. Headed back out at 3pm in a different location...still nothing. I did watch a squirrell acting like it was posessed, goofy little sucker...he was running around like he had a screw loose. Oh well that was the highlight of myday. I have my reserve weekend this weekend then I think I am gonna make a trip down to Ft. Sill. Good luck to all you!!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

I went on the opener and saw nothing but stray dogs and coyotes. I've seen at least one coyote every time I've gone hunting. Seen a few deer but they didn't stop in a shootin lane.

Quick Reply: All you Okies Ready

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.