HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   All you Okies Ready (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/264807-all-you-okies-ready.html)

davs2601 09-24-2008 06:59 PM

All you Okies Ready

The first is a week away! Good luck to everyone !!

okietreedude 09-24-2008 08:16 PM

RE: All you Okies Ready

I sure am. I may take the day off work, havent decided yet.

davs2601 09-24-2008 09:34 PM

yeah that thought has crossed my mind also. I may wait to see how the weather will be. I really dont want to spend all day in a tree with 90 degreetemps

okietreedude 09-26-2008 06:00 PM

for me its who will show up to work and since i found out today I will be working alone, do I work alone....or go hunting???

decisions, decisions....

okietreedude 09-26-2008 06:03 PM

quick update...according to Rick Mitchell, wed high will be 76, morning low 56, NE wind at 15. sounds like a nice opener. I think Ill be in the stand....

davs2601 09-26-2008 10:45 PM

yeah there will be a cold front pushing through wed-thur. The forecast looks great, but I am low on annual leave and I dont want to use up all my time. Where are you hunting this year? I will put in most of my time out at Thunderbird with a few trips down to Ft. Sill provided gas stays at its currnet price. I may make a trip down to Altus-Lugert during gun season. I found a little honey hole with a monster that uses the area. He has gotten the better of me the past two years but I hope this will be my year. I saw him back on Sept 1st and he looked like a horse. Good luck to you.

deerthumperjerryshei 10-01-2008 11:08 AM

Anybody let an arrow fly this morning? =-----> =----->
Did you see any nice bucks roaming the great outdoors!!

okietreedude 10-01-2008 05:10 PM

i came close.

It was an interesting morning. About 7, a crew of 5 coons started up the tree to visit. I think I scared them off as the found elsewhere to go. About 830,I had a bobcat pass w/in 15 yds (if it had been Dec 1, Id have a cat at the taxi.) soon after, I saw some yotes. none came close enough, or Id have had a yote at the taxi too. About 830, 8 does (some where yrlings) came by. They stopped just short of getting shot. Took the long way around. Imnot sure if the winded me or the bobcat from earlier. I left shortly thereafter.

davs2601 10-02-2008 09:27 PM

I didnt see jack......hunted till 10am then headed in to get something to eat. Headed back out at 3pm in a different location...still nothing. I did watch a squirrell acting like it was posessed, goofy little sucker...he was running around like he had a screw loose. Oh well that was the highlight of myday. I have my reserve weekend this weekend then I think I am gonna make a trip down to Ft. Sill. Good luck to all you!!

Buckmasterflex 10-06-2008 12:38 PM

I went on the opener and saw nothing but stray dogs and coyotes. I've seen at least one coyote every time I've gone hunting. Seen a few deer but they didn't stop in a shootin lane.