Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 GREEN SWAMP ...over populated today.. >

GREEN SWAMP ...over populated today..

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

GREEN SWAMP ...over populated today..

Old 09-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Default GREEN SWAMP ...over populated today..

TOO MANY HUNTERS.. I had 3 guys put up a stand beside me ..even though I let them know I was there..7 trucks parked beside my truck.[:-]One left a new Summit VIper on the ground beside his truck..I was tempted to take it but I didn't want to get in trouble with the Lord..so I left it..

I left my area at 7:00 Am..and I was DEEP into the swamp..[&o]
Old 09-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: GREEN SWAMP ...over populated today..

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

TOO MANY HUNTERS.. I had 3 guys put up a stand beside me ..even though I let them know I was there.. 7 trucks parked beside my truck.[:-]One left a new Summit VIper on the ground beside his truck..I was tempted to take it but I didn't want to get in trouble with the Lord..so I left it..

I left my area at 7:00 Am..and I was DEEP into the swamp..[&o]
Chuck, Green Swamp isn't what it use to be! Back in the old days, it was a Great WMA for Deer, Hogs & Turkey....Swiftmud and their Special May Hog Hunts and of course the increase in population in that area brings more poaching.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Spike

Did they run out of tickets today?

How were the mosquitoes?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm happy to hear you say that you left the summit.....sucks about being over populated...i'm about to head out to toso. soon to hang my climber on my tree because i'm afraid someone will be sneaking in before me.......
Old 09-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went to the GS with a buddy last year. It was horrible. Trucks and people everywhere. I was totally turned off by that place.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Dominant Buck

The mosquitoes were not bad at all...From a scale from 1-10 it's usually a 10...but it was a 1.

I'm moving far away from the crowd next weekend..[&o]I've got a couple more spots...I'm hoping the water isn't bad..both spots are wet ..inside a bayhead..
Old 09-22-2008, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Chuck, good on you man, aman's integrity isbased on decisions he makes when no one elseis around orlooking. I hope you find a quiet secluded place to hunt this year.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

Chuck,

Were you hunting the same area that you and I hunted that time? If so, that stinks. It is pretty far back in the there. I would not think there would be that many. I for one have given up on GS. The next few weekends get much better for reducing the crowds. The last weekend of archery is the best. You will be the only one there!

Cheers,
Chris
Old 09-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Va man..

Chris..I was in that general area and even farther back..I figured someone found my trail tacks..I have 3 more spots though..but that one was my favorite..The trucks were backed all the way back to Rock Ridge on the first day..

God bless you all in finding a honey hole this year,
C7
Old 09-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Chuck,

Wow! I am surprised you had other hunters out there. I wonder if more hunters are hunting in state instead of going to Georgia and South Carolina because of fuel? Or are people laid off and just have more time to get in the woods? It sounds like it is worse this year than last.

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited by guntercb; 09-29-2010 at 06:39 AM.

Quick Reply: GREEN SWAMP ...over populated today..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.