Citrus WMA Question >

Citrus WMA Question

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Citrus WMA Question

Old 06-27-2008, 09:53 AM

Default RE: Citrus WMA Question

ORIGINAL: Dixie Slugs

What we realy need on some of the forums is a WMA report by people in those areas....and a Florida Deer Hunting 101! I have hunted all over (USA and Europe)...and none is like what the Florida Deer hunter must understand and do!
I just let most of the Wise-A$$ go and don't say much.....but they seldom kill a deer or hog unless they run over it at night!
Many buy a rifle and scope that would be great out West (or some rag writer suggests) and then climbs a tree in Florida and blows up good meat at 40 yards! .....or can't get the moving game in the high power scope).
Florida scrub/swamp country is excellent for brush guns and shotguns....as in the past! We are not supposed to advertise here, but take a look at Dixie Slugs (dixieslugs,com) and let's pump up this forum with useable information.
Regards, James
I like that Idea!!!! I think FL deer hnting is some of the hardest deer hunting in the country and if you kill a deer here on public land your doin something IMO. I like the FL deer hunitng 101 the best. Ill be @ Citrus Nov. 8-11 and Jan 2,3 If any of you have those hunts it would be great to meet some of you.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Dominant Buck

My Citrus hunt is Dec. 27th and 28th for muzzleloader..If any of you will be goingto the Tenoroc Shooting Range ..let me know..and we can get sited in together,,
Old 06-27-2008, 02:29 PM

Now this is what a forum is supposed to be about. I've learned more about Florida hunting just reading this post than I've learned from any other source other than actually being in the field.

Thanks everyone for all the info and keep up the good discussions!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dixie Slugs

The old timers would stand in the smoke of camp fires, smoke their clothes good, before getting on the stands. Contrary to what many think, cigar, pipe, and cigarette smoke does not spook deer....but human pee will.

Regards, James @ Dixie Slugs

DS i agree with alot you said but this statement is not totally true. during the rut, human urine (atleast from males) does not sppok deer. i have pictures from my digital game cam that i sat out last year where i made an artificial scrape and urinated in it. that night the game camera captured 3 different bucks within 15 minutes of each other visiting the scrape and re-freshening it. i believe the testeronein the urine "fires" up the rutting bucks. i'm sure they know it's not from another buck but being during the rut they focus on the testerone smell and re hit the scrape to declare dominance. this is just my theory but here are the pic's of the bucks at the mock scrape just hours after i made it and urinated in it...

Old 06-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice pics Camo..
Old 06-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck my schedule is booked over the next couple weeks. however after that if your free we can hit Citrus. i'll show you where i shot the 4 pt ( 3 +1)last year and i also found what looked to be a GOOD spot at the end of my hunt that i was not able to scout.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Dominant Buck

PM sent.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

answered
Old 06-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Chuck,

When you meet CamoCop be sure to pick his brain. I think he knows enough to write his own book on Florida Hunting! I am waiting for it myself. (-:

Chris
Old 06-30-2008, 02:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Chris,
I count myself blessed whenever I can talk to some of these expereinced Floridians..I learned alot from Rebel Hog as well. I wish we could all meet up sometime.I'd liketo meet Huntnma as well.

Quick Reply: Citrus WMA Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.