Just moved to SC >

Just moved to SC

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Just moved to SC

Old 06-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default Just moved to SC

I just moved from Missouri to Rock Hill, SC. What clubs and public land is around?
Old 06-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Just moved to SC

Welcome to SC. Pick up a copy of the Rules and Regs at one of your local sport shops and it lists all of the state WMA lands. You are not too far from the Sumter National Forest WMAs and they are beautifulhardwood hills with replant pines. Lots of deer and turkey and not so many hunters. Private clubs are now advertising on road signs and in newspapers for new members to fill out their leases for this season.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

there is a great club just south of you on 77 with about 10,000 acres if your willing to pay a grand for membership
Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: gunny97

there is a great club just south of you on 77 with about 10,000 acres if your willing to pay a grand for membership
What part of SC do you live? I'm from Marlboro county, but currently reside in Williamsburg county. From W'burg to Marlboromost "good" clubs aregoing to run AT LEAST $1,000 a year with a lot of clubs being well over that price here in W'burg county.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 7danny

I just moved from Missouri to Rock Hill, SC. What clubs and public land is around?
I have lived in South Carolina all my life. You aren't going to find deer the size of cows like you have in MO. For the first couple of years you might mistake our deer for your neighbor's golden retriver. However, we do have lots of deer and a season that starts in August in some parts of the state.

It is now possible to join clubs that do have rules and regulations for qualitymanagement. If I can help you in any way just shoot me a PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

It seems most people ar always interested in hunting deer, I am looking forward to hunting some other game I can't find in nothern Missouri, like boar, aligator and bear.

I also am an avid bowhunter.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

The "bad" thing is that most of SC doesn't have a true bow season.Most of the state has a two week bow season and then some of the state doesn't have one at all.

99.9% of the time I'm in a tree my bow is with me. You will find that bow hunting here is SC is very very hard. Our deer are being shot at and pressured almost five months out of the year. By Oct. and Nov. our deer are so skiddish its nearly impossible to get one in bow range and be able to draw w/o getting spotted.

We do have lots of hogs. This is the first year that the DNR will be issueing aligator permits and they are very limited and kinda expensive.