Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Central Florida Turkeys >

Central Florida Turkeys

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Central Florida Turkeys

Old 03-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Central Florida Turkeys

Has anybody heard any gobbling yet in central Florida?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Central Florida Turkeys

Yes, they have been struting and gobbl'n for about 3 weeks now. Went scouting this weekend, heard some on the roost, didn't call to them of course, but I will on opening day. I'm in Sebring, highlands county by the way. You planning on hunting here in cent. fl? where?

Old 03-03-2008, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

Heu strutnbuck,

Planning on hunting Green Swamp and Avon Park. went out to Avon Park about a week and half ago and did not hear anything. Was wondering if they had lit up yet or was it just where I was checking out.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

I have heard them gobblin on some private land I have to hunt and some near Avon park bomb range. I wouldn't say they were really going at it, but they were talking. I've also caught them strutting with hens. I've heard that them birds out at the bomb range don't talk much? I have hunted the swamp and will this year after the crowds leave. With low water the creek is going to be covered with hunters! Good Luck!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

Yea, I always dread The Swamp just because of all the hunting pressure. People get a little territorial out there. had an episode a couple of years ago when had hunters on both sides of me when a turkey was gobbing coming in on me. They were constantly calling to get him to turn their way and when he was not turning, they both opened up shooting to scare the bird away and it did. Not a good situation.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

I will 2nd what strutnbuck said. I hunt some on private property near the bombing range and was out hog hunting about 3 weeks ago. The turkeys were still in bachelor groups, but were strutting and gobbling. It should be hot hunting the first few days or so.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have heard it the last 2 days and thats all i'm saying, lol....
seriously , i have seen or heard 20 different male birds in the last 2 days, getting ready to go out again this morning...
Old 03-07-2008, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

and of course, the next day i go out and didnt hear the first one, lol...but i did see 4, lol.....
Old 03-07-2008, 04:02 AM

I'm heading out today to do a bit of scouting and filming. We will see what the day brings
Old 03-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

almost hit 2 turkeys with my truck yesterday. one was a gobbler with a 10+ inch beard, they were just standing in the road. turkeys are everywhere around here. all deer season i could throw a rock in any direction and hit a turkey or 20.

Quick Reply: Central Florida Turkeys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.