Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 state referendum to decide future of deer/dog hunting >

state referendum to decide future of deer/dog hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

state referendum to decide future of deer/dog hunting

Old 02-14-2008, 08:33 PM

Default state referendum to decide future of deer/dog hunting

I saw a suggestion on another hunting forum, that a referendum be used to decide the future of deer hunting with hounds in Virginia. Some hunters were up in arms about it, but shouldn't all Virginians be able to voice their opinion about hound hunting? Does Virginia belong to everyone, or just a select few? I know this opens alot of wounds and will generate alot of angry comment, but there is a move afoot to do just this very thing. We should at least discuss it and see what we all think? I personally would like to see it legal in the entire state, east and west! Let everyone enjoy the sport or suffer from it's drawbacks equally. This is a possibility.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: state referendum to decide future of deer/dog hunting

The VDGIF has requested comments for quite sometime, on this very issue. I'm not surprised thing are moving forward this quickly. Hunting with dogs has been thenumber 1issue in this state. I guess we will see how thing turn out.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: reswire

I saw a suggestion on another hunting forum, that a referendum be used to decide the future of deer hunting with hounds in Virginia. Some hunters were up in arms about it, but shouldn't all Virginians be able to voice their opinion about hound hunting? Does Virginia belong to everyone, or just a select few? I know this opens alot of wounds and will generate alot of angry comment, but there is a move afoot to do just this very thing. We should at least discuss it and see what we all think? I personally would like to see it legal in the entire state, east and west! Let everyone enjoy the sport or suffer from it's drawbacks equally. This is a possibility.
Sure we all know misery loves company.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Somebody is full of crap. The VDGIF keeps taling about a servey for us allto take. The only problem is it stillhas not beenmade up. If they want input, they sure are not making it easy for us to reply.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

They picked a handfull of people and this very small group is supposed to represent all? They need more participants to get the feel for what people want. Noticed on the survey they heard the deer and racoon groups twice. Why do some get double coverage and not all?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 02-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

I noticed that also!! Why twice the number of deer chasermeetings?? WHy weren't there forums for non-dog folks in SE Va.?
Old 02-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Spike

I think next year when you buy your liscenes they should ask you what your opinion is on the matter . This way they get everyones opinion . By doing this they hear from everyone .JMO
Old 02-15-2008, 05:00 PM

It's only a matter of time before PETA tries this one. If it is to include all Virginians, then deer/dog hunting is gone tomorrow. In fact all hunting might be gone tomorrow. Most Virginians would be against deer/dog hunting. What would the rest of us say to the next questionaire?