Florida genetics

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida genetics

Old 01-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Florida genetics

Huntnma,

That is a nice rack to find! Too bad you did not see it on a live deer during season!!!

CamoCop,

So I guess you do prefer Rock Springs Run over Citrus? I will have to try for a quota at Rock Springs Run this coming season. That is an amazing buck taken there and I guess it helps that they have the 3 pt. rule. I have never seen a buck taken like that at Citrus. Most are just little 1 1/2 year olds.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 02-01-2008, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gunter, check your p.m.'s. i've been away for a couple weeks so i had a late reply.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

My dad killed a non-typical this past season in Jefferson county that sported 4.25 bases. He will be in the Fl. buck registry this year. It took him 30+ years of hunting to kill one like that though....

The problem we have in FL. is that we dont let the deer get any age on them (i'mguilty too).
Old 02-01-2008, 05:41 PM

There would be a lot more deer like that if Florida would get their act together and change the damn regulations that they have.it's ridiculous.And that is why florida will never have the quality whitetail that they have the potential to produce.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bryant1

My dad killed a non-typical this past season in Jefferson county that sported 4.25 bases. He will be in the Fl. buck registry this year. It took him 30+ years of hunting to kill one like that though....

The problem we have in FL. is that we dont let the deer get any age on them (i'mguilty too).
Bryant, in 1996 I saw an 8pt w/ 5" bases hanging at the check station at Aucilla WMA in Jefferson county. A hunter from Perryon crutches with one leg killed it. I askedhim how in the world did he manage that.......He said I just got this Rem .270 for christmasand I sit in the back ofmy Toyota PU on a Lawn Recliner while my partner drives slowly so I can scout for crossingtracks on the side of the roads. When I see good heavy fresh tracks, I tell my buddy to pull up about 50ydsoff the side of the road and park.If the hunting pressure is low, 9 chances out of 10, they will cross there again...You know the rest of the story!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: bryant1

Bryant, in 1996 I saw an 8pt w/ 5" bases hanging at the check station at Aucilla WMA in Jefferson county. A hunter from Perryon crutches with one leg killed it. I askedhim how in the world did he manage that.......He said I just got this Rem .270 for christmasand I sit in the back ofmy Toyota PU on a Lawn Recliner while my partner drives slowly so I can scout for crossingtracks on the side of the roads. When I see good heavy fresh tracks, I tell my buddy to pull up about 50ydsoff the side of the road and park.If the hunting pressure is low, 9 chances out of 10, they will cross there again...You know the rest of the story!
I know exactly who you are talking about! he killed 7 bucks one year like that in Aucilla WMA.I think he had to get his leg amputated because of cancer, which meant he couldnt climb a stand, so he figured out a way to hunt anyway. I remember him killingseveral bucks while i was down there, and he never left the truck..

Pretty dang smart for a ol' taylor county redneck to figure that out how to kill good bucks from a truck bed-
Old 02-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

That Rock Springs Run buck is fantastic...what did it score?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:21 PM

sorry about the quality of the picture..the one on thebottom weighed 222 pounds..
Old 02-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations!.....Great Deer...what did he score?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:26 AM

I never took the time to score him..

Quick Reply: Florida genetics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.