Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Question for anyone who hunts around Nashville TN >

Question for anyone who hunts around Nashville TN

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Question for anyone who hunts around Nashville TN

Old 12-29-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Question for anyone who hunts around Nashville TN

I am looking to move there and I am wondering what all hunting opportunities are there. Where I am now I can be in part of the Royal Blue WMA in 5 minutes and there are tons and tons of places to hunt ranging from thick mountains to food plots and river bottoms. And I hunt everything from coons to deer to boar and squirrel. Is there alot of open areas w/o populations around there? I'm happy with the fishing opportunities but the hunting aspects of the area will outweigh the fishing.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question for anyone who hunts around Nashville TN

There's not alot of land open to public hunting in Middle,Tn. The TWRA has some management areas you can buy permits for if you can remember a wad of nit picking rules that change with every area. I have lived and hunted here my whole life and most people just hunt on family land or try to get in a lease. I live about 15 minutes from some TWRA land and it's alrightif you don't mind the warden checking you every time you go there. I have had them come to my stand and check me at 7am so I just stay away from there land to avoid the aggrevation. I know there just doing there job but they get alittle overboard during deer season here. You can go here and check out everything on your own http://state.tn.us/twra/wildlife.html
Old 12-30-2007, 09:24 AM

if you can get in to know some people with private land,there are some great deer in the nashville area. i have friends that live there and it's nothing to see monsters in the fields in velvet in the late summer so i know they are out there. we,ve got video of 2 130 or 140 class10 pointseating apples about 20 yards off the road in franklin while we were driving by.they have land in hickman about 45 min or an hour west of nashville and kill some pretty good deer consistently each year.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:17 PM

Give me a shout and I can hook you up with some private land.There is also a sportsman club that is private that has about 70 acres right in the middle of the city.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:41 AM

what is property values like out there if I wanted to get my own land?When I first move out there I'm gonna probably get an apartment for abit till I get settled then find some property to put a cabin on.